Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: subtitles

Hi @TheBoltonian

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I have sent you an email in regards to your post. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Subtitles Help

Same here. I rely on subtitles and I'm disgusted that you don't provide them. Nowadays this is a given. Netflix etc. 

I'm off!!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

Re: Subtitles

Can I suggest someone sets up a parliamentary petition and if we get over 100,000 people registering interest then maybe it will get discussed by the government and we can finally enforce some of the legislation around disability discrimination 

http://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/sign-a-petition/

Highlighted
Advocate

I have just switched to Now TV from Netflix / Amazon Prime & Sadly (I should have verified beforehand) I didn't realise that the service didn't have subtitles <I just assumed, as it's pretty identical to Sky Movies {which has them} it would > unfortunately I'm hearing impaired & am now gonna have to cancel the service, as to me it's like trying to watch a movie with NO PICTURE - Now TV Staff, can you please address this problem as I've fallen in love with the far superior service you offer in comparison to others <as far as I know most movies, at least on DVD Release, have subtitles - surely you can port the subtitle data from here with little or no additional cost to yourselves. Or offer a subtitled service that costs £1 or £2 extra per month - I know I'd be happy to pay extra so that I could fully enjoy & understand the movie...
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Would love to have NOW but without subtitles its useless. If you are adding subtitles please do not do it at Christmas as the site wold be so saturated with new business that it would probably go down.

Fortunately Netflix now has subtitles so will have to make do with that.    Thanks   Phil

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Re: subtitles

I agreed with ID: 37869 as I should have read the reviews before I bought this box! Very disappointed without subtitles deaf! Thanks god I only bought for £15.Now tv box and 2 months free movies and 14 days free trial. It definitely must cancel the payment monthly for £9.99 in March!

Unless it start put subtitles on. As I mean Sky plus and virgin media do have subtitles on but not this... I don't understand why?

You need to beware of disability discrimination act if you won't put subtitles on this set.
Highlighted

I left because lack of subs meant I could not view at night.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I believe by failing to take reasonable measures to support the needs of users with disabilities, Sky NowTV are in breach of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995. I wonder what kind of penalty they may get if this were reported to the appropriate statutary authority?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Got now tv today impressed with overall content and find I can get subtitles on BBC I player. I a so note there is a captions options in the settings of the now to box which need to be set to be turned on. 

In in the meantime waiting to hear when you plan to roll out subtitling across all of now TV services and not just BBC I player. The technology is there do get on with it.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

So there's comments from January saying subtitles will soon be implemented... 11 months later and I still don't see any subtitle option? Will this ever happen?
0 Thanks