Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2 years and still no subtitles, we have 2014 year, 2015 soon and still nothing?. How I can get money back for this box?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As a new customer with a hearing loss i find it very disapointing to not be able to have subtitles on my movies. i have a 2 month pass, i wont be signing up for paid subscription if there are no subtitles.

Having read the replies from company reps on here stating that you do not discriminate against the hard of hearing i can only stress that you are wrong on this matter. A person with hearing loss or deafness needs the susbtitles to watch the film otherwise its just a bunch of moving picture where you dont know whats going on. To people like me who have profound hearing loss the subtitles are the sound, it is effectivly like taking the actual sound away from an able bodied person and saying you can still see the movie so you can still enjoy, when in fact with no sound it pointless to them. To the deaf community if there are no subtitles there is no point so you are indeed discriminating and alienating the deaf community by not providing subtitles. 

Please fix this or i will not be subscribing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post & welcome to the community. Your post will be picked up by the NOW TV team, including Community Manager @Anonymous User . There is an ideas section on the forum which again is monitored by @Anonymous User and you won't be surprised know that subtitles is a much requested "idea". I would suggest considering giving kudos the subtitles "idea" and should you wish, you can also add your own comment on the issue.

Thanks again for your feedback.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just checked back here following my own subtitles comment back on page 11 where it is disappointing to see that the suffering still goes on and where NowTV do lose many customers due to this.

Since I am a well qualified and skilled computer coder then I already know their technical hardship is hogwash when the subtitles option is a rather simple addition compared to content control, encryption, load balancing and much more where I suspect NowTV's problem is more economic based, subject to contract or third party control.

In any case I as a former customer won't be back until NowTV implement the same subtitles that they claim are too technical for them. It is a lame excuse and they know it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

STOP USING "NOW TV"!

"NOW TV" DON'T GIVE A MONKEY!

Everyone should post that in every topic/forum/etc...keep spamming until banned, then I'll laugh when they have actually lose that many customers! 😛

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes....18 pages and yet sky/now TV continuously ignore its customers. How arrogant are you sky? And you want to grow your customer base? Try offering subtitles instead of bribes to attract new customers and you may get your wish!!! Idiots!!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Signed up today and gobsmacked to see there are no subtitles and this post is open for almost two years requesting the feature..!

Will be moving away after free trial..!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

bought a now tv box for my grandmother, she phoned today to ask about subtitles...Im shocked to see this thread with 18 pages of replies spanning 2 years and still no subtitle support...well done sky, another lost customer as i will be looking into returning the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

we live in a deaf household, and its so frustrating that now tv and sky on demand has NO support for those who need subtitles. Ofcome says 7 million at least use subtitles on TV broadcasts, thats over 10% of the UK population SKY and other ondemand services like Google and Apple are ignoring!!! 7 million, does not make business sense.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just bought the NOW TV box and realised it was not NOW TV but yesterdays TV - with a very bad case of Tinnitus  I am unable to enjoy a TV film or program without the use of subtitles!!

I logged on to this forum and found that you had been promising subtitles for over 2 years!!  What has happened to your marketing and common sense??

There does seem to be quite a few people who are dissatisfied with NOW TV - I can add another one!!

Come on get your finger out and try and keep me after 3 month trial!!   On your past performance I doubt it - so I will say cheerio now to NOW TV.