Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Pezza4u
Mentor

I signed up for the £2.50 a month for 6 months offer but that is ending in a couple of weeks so I doubt I will be renewing, not for £8.99. I am deaf and the lack of subtitles is so annoying, if Netflix can manage it why can't Sky?

I do use an amplified loop but I still struggle to follow what's being said sometimes. Apart from this issue I've had no other problems with the service. They only reason I kept it this long was so my son could watch it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Pezza4u,

Thanks for getting in touch with your post, sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the service.

Unfortunately Subtitles are currently not available on the service, however, as we're ever evolving, this is something that we hope to have on board in the near future.

Please keep a look out on our Community, Facebook and Twitter pages for all of the latest updates regarding the service.

All the best,

Michael

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just received the box (this morning) and it workd fine apart from NO SUBYITLES.

SKY broadcast subtitles so it is only a software problem.

A JUST TV
 box can do it at £30!

Maybe the lack of subtitles is because SKY is behind the development of NOW TV and they want to pust users onto the more expensive platforms.

Very disappointed Barry9892

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What so you mean by "Near Future"?

Barry 9892

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just signed in for an update and yet once again I'm disappointed to read the same old debate about subtitles this has been on going since the very beginning.  I cancelled my subsciption last year because nothing was being done but I keep signing in in the HOPE that you may have delivered what you keep promising but alas it's the same old 'tosh' about 'maybe in the future' well it is the future so when are you going to pull your finger out and do something about it?  I notice on the adverts you omit to mention about no subtitles which I think is totally unfair.  If you've no intention of providing subtitles stand up and tell us straight instead of palming us off with false promises!  I can't understand how when you've got such a great product that you could be so blind as to not see a great opportunity when it's staring you in the face, I suggest you get rid of your marketing officer they're obviously missing the point!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would appear that now TV cannot compete with Netflix

when will now TV part of BskyB put interests of the hearing impaired to the front and for that matter the visually too

who want to watch and subscribe to the films but cannot because there are no subtitles or commentary for visually impaired

isn't there a disability discrimination act that covers this ???????????????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a special deal £2 a month for 3 months. I cancelled after the second month when I realised that no changes would be made.

I am not deaf but I have a young child who is a very very light sleeper. The only time we get to watch anything is when she's sleeping but we have to use subtitles with the volume down to a minimum. Without subtitles it's sometimes impossible to make out what people are saying.

I ended up watching 0 films on NowTV. A company which is stupid enough to use Lithium Forums for support clearly doesn't know the meaning of good customer service. As far as they are concerned; this thread is marked as "Solved" so doesn't effect any targets or SLA's that the support staff may have so they don't give two monkeys about what we are saying here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Wolverine2K

Thanks for getting in contact.

We are always interested in what customers desire from NOW TV and welcome all constructive critisism. If you have suggestions like this, we do recommend that you post them in our Your Ideas for NOW TV board, where we take all suggestions on board.

Regards,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh change the record for god's sake, stop fobbing us off with the same old standard emails, this is all you say and you've been saying it from day one! It's obvious you have no intention of taking comments on board so stop asking people to email you, it makes a mockery of your suggestion board comments are just dismissed as we are.  This is really FRUSTRATING can we have a final answer from senior management about what your plans are or just tell us straight that you're not getting subtitiles, at least we'll know where we stand.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, I totally agree with your comments. Basically they are hiding whatever
reason they have for not having subtitles. Does that make them liars?
Regards
Barry