cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: subtitles

I have posted this in the new ideas community and so far have been ignored. I will also cancel my subscription when it comes to an end.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Hi Wahidndee In regards to your question, NOW TV current...

Clintondean, I will add my name to the list should we plan to lodge a complaint!
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Champion

When you are done with NowTV remember to contact

ITV

CH5

CH4

Lovefilm

Amazon (CC does not work over HDMI)

Vudu

BBC sport

SCEE PSN Movies and TV

Movies unlimited.

NHL game center

MLB 

Crackle

YouTube

Vidzone

As there content is missing sub titles options... via there ondemand players...

If you realy care youll want these apps to enable subs as well not just pick on NowTV...

I Do not work for SkyUK or NowTV...

As I No longer live in the UK, I no longer run the NowTv boxes... So am an Ex Community Contributor user

SIEE Beta Tester since PS2. Rejected PSP and VITA day one...

Currently own and run these devices PS3, PS4, Chromecast, Sky+HD box, Quad OS boot HP Laptop, Amazon Fire tablet and TV box
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Great I'll get on it now. Thanks for the tip.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Est3516,

Thanks for posting.

In regards to your post on the My Ideas section, please be aware that unlike other boards we do not respond directly to these posts, as this areas is intended for users to put forward suggestions and these are then reviewed by the Community manager and a status is given to reflect what action is being taken with this suggestion.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted

I quite agree !! If having subtitles is such a big issue..then why sign up with companies that are unable to do them in the first place ?

If having subtitles was so important to me then i would have asked the NOW TV's,Lovefilms etc..etc..if i was able to get them before taking their product or entering into any agreement that involved subscription fees !!

Makes common sense..does it not ???

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Because asking often involves waiting for days for a reply; when in this day and age there is no excuse for there not to be subtitles. So the only way to find out is to sign up.

Then you come here and see a message like "we are planning to implement it" - then months later they are still "planning" on implementing it.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Hi Wahidndee In regards to your question, NOW TV curren...

It is really bad that in this day and age there is no subtitles on your service - this means you are discriminating against your disabled customers in the way you provide the service. You may want to look up The Equality Act 2010.

Not only this, but just think of the tens of thousands of people in GB who speak foreign languages who need subtitles to follow fast moving movies... your competitors are cheaper so I'm not sure how you hope for this to take off when you provide less service for more money.

I signed up for a 30 day trial, but I guess I shan't be renewing if you can't offer a simple thing like subtitles.

Dear me...

Highlighted

Re: Hi Wahidndee In regards to your question, NOW TV curren...

As above I totally agree.

I like watching films with subtitles as due to my hearing deficiency I often mis-hear or can't hear parts of speech in films. I too am highly disappointed you cannot offer subtitles like many other services do (I used to use Netflix who's subtitling was actually very good).

There is no excuse to not cater for those with a disability for your service.

Just like others on this thread, I will also not be renewing any subscriptions until this is resolved.