Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I purchased and installed the box yesterday with a 2 month film pass. My wife and I settled down to watch the film Secret in their Eyes and we were very disapointed to find there were no sub titles. No mention was made of this on the box or any of the advertising. After struggling with the mumbling for 30 minutes we had to switch it off. If I had known about this problem in advance I would have saved my movie pass until the subtitles were available. Is it possible to postpone the pass until a later date when the films become usable for us?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Theres no option for you to pause your pass and resume at a later stage. Neither have NOW announced when exactly subtitles are coming, or what content will have subtitles (eg whether it will be Cinema or Entertainment, or just Sky content).

If you are particularly unhappy you could try having a word with live chat to see if they would consider cancelling your pass and issuing a code for future use, but I've no idea if they would be willing to or not. If you want to try you can start live chat from this page

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Sky-Movies-Month-Pass

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that Andy. After a couple of days with the NOW box I am really pleased with the system, which runs flawlessly. It is a gift for the price charged and if subtitles are added to the films I will give it 10/10. Last night we watched the Battle for Sevastopol, which was a good film and it had subtitles.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can someone please tell me how to enable subtitles on the NOW TV box.  We've finally got it connected to our internet, but cannot find the option to get subtitles, it's drivong us mad again  Thanx

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Welcome to the community.

Unfortunately NOW TV do not currently support subtitles.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Subtitles

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I really like NowTV, and hate to see people often slagging it off on these boards. But I do find the lack of subtitles on the service pretty indefensible in this day and age. I'm no expert on these things, but since (i assume) most of what's on NowTv has already been subtitled for Sky, is it really not possible to just port them over somehow? I'm lucky enough that my hearing is fine, but there are so many people who would benefit from subtitles on this service. Surely you would get more customers as well if you offered subtitles, which would (i'm guessing) offset any extra costs incurred? 

As I said, i'm a big fan of this service, but i really think someone needs to get this sorted out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think Chazz is absolutely right.

I personally feel that just telling people that Now TV isn't currently able to support subtitles (Now TV Help post last modified 10th September 2014)is unhelpful and indicates that Sky do not think this is a particularly serious topic. If they were serious about it, they would include a message saying they were working towards a resolution and give a basic time frame, even if it is 12 or 18 months. However if they have no intention of finding a solution in the near future, they should at least have the courtesy of imparting this information to their customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi in 2013

you said

Hi mauricio16,

Thanks for the post.

We do apologise for this and we are looking to implement this feature very soon.

Keep an eye out on our community pages for updates.

All the best,

Shannon
NOW TV Team"

But this is still not implemented and everybody especially those with hard of hearing, we need subtitles ourselved.  Please confirm when it will be.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, would like subtitles on everything!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would agree subtitles are essential .I am finding that with  many of the programmes ,such as the Tunnel, the dialogue is  almost impossible to follow