Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another year on and no subtitles!!! Watching my first film and struggling to hear the dialogue!!!!! CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I will not be renewing after my free trial! The arrogance of Sky to exclude a huge part of the population. Very shortsighted considering the aging population with the spending power! I'm assuming Murdoch wou;d benefit from subtitles?!!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just adding another vote to the plea for subtitles. Pretty poor that they are not offered.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I keep noticing adverts for Asian tv channels at £5 a month extra, we'd happily pay £5 extra for bloody subtitles!!! Disgrace

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I guess that I am a little bit disappointed. First complaint messages are from 2013. Two years later, still no subtitles.

Another 30 day trial that won't commit at the end because the lack of such a basic feature. What a shame...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, and 21 pages of pleas and notifications that people are leaving the service.

When will they get hte message?

Surely this is discriminatory?

Chrissy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

Just to let you all know that Sky has not yet added the Subtitles on to the Now TV Box.

Sky always speaks about how much they care about there customers and how much they value customers but now you all know. if Netfilxs and other small enterprise businesses can do it, then why cant someone BIG like sky do this.

The truth is, its about the payload not about the customers at all. i find this very low of sky to forget about those who are hard of hearing and yet still they havent done anything about it.

if people statred leaving and cancelling the sky TV then this would start fixing the issues which we all face.

Sky Team - dont tell us all that you will be adding this soon as we have given you 2 years or more to find out away to get this done. by the looks of things, maybe the Directors of SKY need to start looking at this and get rid of the current Team and get in contact with netflixs or love films and have them sort this mess out for good.

Also when buying this device, it would be great to have something on the BOX to say "Sky Team not technical to provide Subtitles" then i would have told my lovely wife that they dont care for people like you who has hard of hearing and i would have given my wife a simple soultion of love films or netfilxs, but thank you SKY for doing what you do which is NOT CARING.

I will be running over this small NOWTV box and find some were to place it as its not even worth recyclying.

Good Bye All

Kind Regards

Kash

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im more than surprised you dont provide subtitles.

CANNOT BELIEVE a company like sky is missing such an important part of the service, this is unacceptable.

I am in the 30 days free trial. unless they wont upload subtitles for the movies I wont pay a damn penny.

this is unbelievable, and I just seen the post asking for subtititles since 2013! 

Are you serious?? does you guys at sky give a S&%$t about your costumers??

I dont think so..

thank god I got netflix..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I suppose Sky don't feel they want to update their software to provide a subtitles option. In the interests of customer relations has it never occurred to anyone that they could just offer two copies of each film, one as is and one with subtitles 'hard coded'. That would go some way to helping customers without any recoding overhead at all. Sometimes the answer is that simple.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you get subtitles on any of the films? Ive just signed up and realised it doesnt look like there are any!! Ive only signd up so my elderly father has something interesting to watch on the TV and he is profoundly deaf - such a shame as i wont be renewing after my free trail period.

Please can you sort this out???

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Can you get subtitles on any of the films? Ive just signed up and realised it doesnt look like there are any!! Ive only signd up so my elderly father has something interesting to watch on the TV and he is profoundly deaf - such a shame as i wont be renewing after my free trail period.

Please can you sort this out???

Hi @Anonymous User

Subtitles should be coming but on demand content by the end of the year. But they haven't arrived quite yet.

https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/our-blog/2016/extending_our_commitment_to_subtitles_on_demand

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.