cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: subtitles

@jaimepn You may be interested in this thread for the smart box. 🙂

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Subtitles/m-p/389992/highlight/true#M573

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

Sorry... didn't get it. Why would I be interested in the smart box? Will it sort the "no subtitles" issue?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@jaimepn The smart box has slowly gains subtitles for its content. At the minute it is on the freeview part but they are hoping for NOWTV channel subtitles this year.

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

*gained oops

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Can you get subtitles on any of the films? Ive just signed up and realised it doesnt look like there are any!! Ive only signd up so my elderly father has something interesting to watch on the TV and he is profoundly deaf - such a shame as i wont be renewing after my free trail period.

Please can you sort this out???

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SRM69 wrote:

Can you get subtitles on any of the films? Ive just signed up and realised it doesnt look like there are any!! Ive only signd up so my elderly father has something interesting to watch on the TV and he is profoundly deaf - such a shame as i wont be renewing after my free trail period.

Please can you sort this out???

Hi @SRM69

Subtitles should be coming but on demand content by the end of the year. But they haven't arrived quite yet.

https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/our-blog/2016/extending_our_commitment_to_subtitles_on_demand

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Advocate

Subtitles

I have just been bought a now tv box for my birthday which is fantastic only problem is NO SUBTITLES which I rely on as I'm deaf. How can something in this day and age not have it. There is a setting for captions which you can program but unless there is a foreign language spoken it's of no use to me. Please can something be done. Amazon was the same that's why I went for Netflix.
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Subtitles

@Bester64

Welcome to the forum.

Subtitles are asked for a lot, and Sky recently announced that they were on bringing subtitles to some NOW TV content by the end of 2016. Whilst it hasn't happened yet hopefully they are still working towards implementing them as soon as possible.

https://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/get-involved/campaign/access-to-television/subtitle-it/the-ca...

Highlighted
Mentor

I purchased and installed the box yesterday with a 2 month film pass. My wife and I settled down to watch the film Secret in their Eyes and we were very disapointed to find there were no sub titles. No mention was made of this on the box or any of the advertising. After struggling with the mumbling for 30 minutes we had to switch it off. If I had known about this problem in advance I would have saved my movie pass until the subtitles were available. Is it possible to postpone the pass until a later date when the films become usable for us?

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@pwilliams62

Welcome to the forum.

Theres no option for you to pause your pass and resume at a later stage. Neither have NOW announced when exactly subtitles are coming, or what content will have subtitles (eg whether it will be Cinema or Entertainment, or just Sky content).

If you are particularly unhappy you could try having a word with live chat to see if they would consider cancelling your pass and issuing a code for future use, but I've no idea if they would be willing to or not. If you want to try you can start live chat from this page

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Sky-Movies-Month-Pass