Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Subtitles

@Wlat wrote:

Subtitles (in English) are now working on most Freeview channels on my Now TV Smart Box.

Yes they are for the Freeview 'live broadcast' (DVB-T/T2) channels. But they're not available yet via the NOW TV service...

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
Highlighted
Mentor

Subtitles!

I know this has been asked many times but i cant see a recent reply! I need subtitles, i struggle to hear very well so watching nowtv is not a nice experience! I miss a lot! I've read replies from 2013 saying subtitles will be available soon, it is now 2016 please make available soon! Ive gone back to netflix for now, i cant cope !
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Subtitles!

@Millie3ks

Have you read this article linked below, sounds like there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/our-blog/2016/extending_our_commitment_to_subtitles_on_demand

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Subtitles!

@Millie3ks  it may interest you to know that subtitles for freeview content work on the new smart box.  I would take this as a good indication subtitles will in due course become available on the paid for content.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Highlighted
Advocate

So started watching the Godfather, and the sections they speak in italian are not there, rendering almost a third of the film unwatchable, I assume the same for the Godfather 2,  which would make almost half the film unwatchable to anyone who cannot speak both Italian and English. This is strange, I must say, and confusing, so, as you mentioned that subtitles will be coming later this year, will this also mean that you will be including the full version of a movie where, in most cases these sections of the film are already included with English subtitles?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @Mewondering

That is a different issue as to what this topic is about, the English subtitles should be automatically embedded into The Godfather.

Let me raise it to the content team and ask them to look into it.

Thanks

Andy

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Hope they get included in the (near) future - with my slightly dodgy hearing I find them invaluable for many of today's shows.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 3

Hey @CCS90 

They will be added in the near future 🙂 we're working on it right now and it should be available by the end of this year!

Thanks,

Ryan

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Re: subtitles

Ridiculous but typical of sky... Charge more then any other streaming service but don't supply even the basics, glad im not hard of hearing or completely death for that matter, might be a good thing actually, there sub's usually lag a few seconds on sky box making any film requiring them border line impossible to watch... This service was rushed out after they watched Netflix and other such services make a killing and just wanted there greedy fingers in the pie and it shows... Glad i got a month trial for a pound.. Truth be told its not even worth that.. Now TV cancelled.. Middle finger to sky thank god i kept Netflix
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

Re: subtitles

I was searching for "how to enable subtitles on Now TV PS4" and found this topic. LOL.

Oh, well, netflix then. At least we have choices...

0 Thanks