Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why are subtitles available when watching football on Sky TV (as my daughter has shown me) but not when watching the same match via NOW TV??  NOW TV IS NOT A CHEAP OPTION!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. It's because the delivery methods are different, Sky TV is delivered via satellite, NOW TV over the Internet. As per the official position from @Simon-J NOW TV aren't able to provide subtitles at the moment, but I agree it's an important feature that is missing, and from the volume of posts on the forum, NOW TV know how important it is as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

From the volume of topics and posts regarding subtitles (about 100 according to the search of the community forum) dating back to 2012, the NowTV team have been MORE than aware of this issue, and the demand for it...yet despite perpetual comments from NowTV staff, including a large number on older posts listed as [retired], saying its being looked into, or it's complicated!

4 years+ is surely more than enough time to work out what is hugely in demand by customers, many who chose NOT to continue subscription beyond free period over the years, choosing instead to use other over internet providers who don't seem to have had any difficulties in making their apps etc accessible to the hard of hearing???

Come on now NowTV, why is a better community forum 'being implemented' when this has been requested for years, voted for in the hundreds, and yet still it's not available???

This is surely an accessibility issue, especially as you neglect to tell prospective customers that subtitles aren't available? I only came on to flag up the issue, only to see just how many had beaten me to it!!! I have been a customer for some time now, but have developed hearing problems more recently, and was shocked when I looked to find they didn't exist at all!!!

Please address this. I'm not a happy customer right now!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

If you are still interested in subtitles on NOW TV you might like to know a subtitles trial has just been announced. More details here 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Try-subtitles-on-your-NOW-TV-or-Roku-Box/m-p/414390#U414390

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just signed up to Now and am disgusted to find there are no subtitles.  Tried to get to beta trial and was told I had insufficient privilege.  I shall not be continuing to subscribe.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Ah but they are coming in September 🙂 https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/our-blog/2016/extending_our_commitment_to_subtitles_on_demand

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
September for sky on demand hopefully nowtv by end of the year if you read it fully.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I know this has been asked many times but i cant see a recent reply! I need subtitles, i struggle to hear very well so watching nowtv is not a nice experience! I miss a lot! I've read replies from 2013 saying subtitles will be available soon, it is now 2016 please make available soon! Ive gone back to netflix for now, i cant cope !
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you read this article linked below, sounds like there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/our-blog/2016/extending_our_commitment_to_subtitles_on_demand

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  it may interest you to know that subtitles for freeview content work on the new smart box.  I would take this as a good indication subtitles will in due course become available on the paid for content.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.