cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: subtitles

Your expert opinion has been gratefully received.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 2

Now TV have for the last 4-5 years stated subtitles are on their roadmap.

They've consistently misled customers with regards to providing subtitles.

They have money. They've certainly had time to resolve the issue. They have
the opportunity to involve 3rd parties.

You can not seriously defend the company for the lack of subtitles? Their
behaviour is nothing short of disgraceful!!!
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Hi Wahidndee In regards to your question, NOW TV curren...

I have just signed up for  a 6 month entertainment pass & (stupidly) assumed there would be a subtitle service. How wrong I was. This is disgraceful.

You mention that it is something you intend...WHEN...???

Even BBCi has a subtitles option, why not you?

I really regret signing up now, as I am hard of hearing & subtitles are often neccessary.

I will actively discourage anyone I know from getting NowTV until you provide subtitles.

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@pwpwpwpw I would recommend you contact Now chat and ask for a refund on the basis on your hearing difficulty.  I am assuming here you took up the offer on the website rather than buying  a box with passes.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Highlighted
Advocate

Hi. Thanks for your response. Just to clarify, are you actually employed by either nowtv or sky?
Highlighted
Occasional Poster

Re: Subtitles

From the volume of topics and posts regarding subtitles (about 100 according to the search of the community forum) dating back to 2012, the NowTV team have been MORE than aware of this issue, and the demand for it...yet despite perpetual comments from NowTV staff, including a large number on older posts listed as [retired], saying its being looked into, or it's complicated!

4 years+ is surely more than enough time to work out what is hugely in demand by customers, many who chose NOT to continue subscription beyond free period over the years, choosing instead to use other over internet providers who don't seem to have had any difficulties in making their apps etc accessible to the hard of hearing???

Come on now NowTV, why is a better community forum 'being implemented' when this has been requested for years, voted for in the hundreds, and yet still it's not available???

This is surely an accessibility issue, especially as you neglect to tell prospective customers that subtitles aren't available? I only came on to flag up the issue, only to see just how many had beaten me to it!!! I have been a customer for some time now, but have developed hearing problems more recently, and was shocked when I looked to find they didn't exist at all!!!

Please address this. I'm not a happy customer right now!

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ah but they are coming in September 🙂 https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/our-blog/2016/extending_our_commitment_to_subtitles_on_demand

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/our-blog/2016/extending_our_commitment_to_subtitles_on_demand have no employment connection with either. That link is press release re subtitles 🙂
Highlighted
Expert 2

September for sky on demand hopefully nowtv by end of the year if you read it fully.

**I'm Just a helpful customer**
0 Thanks
Highlighted

Honest answer, when will we have subtitles? Over 3 years ago you said very soon
0 Thanks