cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Where are the subtitles????

Indeed, it's a great shame that subtitles are not available on the 'On Demand' content Smiley Sad

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: subtitles

Has any subtitles been add yet?
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: subtitles

Subtuitles would be awesome.

Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Hi Wahidndee In regards to your question, NOW TV curren...

Hi @Ladyice

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

This is something we may look into for the service; however there are no dates set at present.

Keep an eye out on our website for further updates.

Thanks

Rob
NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Hi,

First comment back in 2012 raised the issue around subtitles and the nowtv team came back to say sorry and there was plans to implement it into the service. Was this a lie ?

Your last comment of 'may look into it' show a great ignorance of the need for this in the service for people with hearing difficulties.

Please keep an eye out for further comments of frustration.

Highlighted
Mentor

No subtitles...it is a real shame (or sham as the first post dates back to 2012) and no one from Now/sky seem to care.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Donalcarmody@akshaykumar.

Thank you both for your posts.

This issue is of course of importance to us, and we understand that it's frustrating that there's been not news to share on this. I personally can only tell you what I know and this is that, though you've heard it before it is being worked on. There is a lot of work involved behind the scenes, I'd love to say this will be done over night but I can only tell you that I promise to keep you updated as soon as we have any news to share.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Well I can see that the issue of subtitles in this thread has now been going on for four years now, now I, with all my unbridled optimism have to say that this is not an "overnight" period and surely sky would have done something about this, but obviously not and they seem willing to continually discriminate against hard of hearing people. This was the original reason I left sky!

WHEN are you implementing subtitles, the way that the majority of on demand viewing does??????????????????????????????????? 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Subtitles

Why are subtitles available when watching football on Sky TV (as my daughter has shown me) but not when watching the same match via NOW TV??  NOW TV IS NOT A CHEAP OPTION!!

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Subtitles

@Chrimbo1 Welcome to the forum. It's because the delivery methods are different, Sky TV is delivered via satellite, NOW TV over the Internet. As per the official position from @Simon-J NOW TV aren't able to provide subtitles at the moment, but I agree it's an important feature that is missing, and from the volume of posts on the forum, NOW TV know how important it is as well.