Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

This is something we may look into for the service; We'll be sad to lose you as a customer but unfortunately  there are no dates set at present.

If you need any further help please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just subscribed to Now TV and like the films available but our youngest son is deaf and relays on subtitles....absolutely devastated to learn you don't have them. Many people, not just those with hearing impairments prefer to have subtitles. Sadly we will now not be continuing with the service, as my son has no hope of watching anything on this service. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like Sky can't be bothered to add subtitles.  The hard of hearing are treated like 2nd class citizens.  I quit Now TV for the same reason.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Indeed, it's a great shame that subtitles are not available on the 'On Demand' content Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

This is something we may look into for the service; however there are no dates set at present.

Keep an eye out on our website for further updates.

Thanks

Rob
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

First comment back in 2012 raised the issue around subtitles and the nowtv team came back to say sorry and there was plans to implement it into the service. Was this a lie ?

Your last comment of 'may look into it' show a great ignorance of the need for this in the service for people with hearing difficulties.

Please keep an eye out for further comments of frustration.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No subtitles...it is a real shame (or sham as the first post dates back to 2012) and no one from Now/sky seem to care.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User.

Thank you both for your posts.

This issue is of course of importance to us, and we understand that it's frustrating that there's been not news to share on this. I personally can only tell you what I know and this is that, though you've heard it before it is being worked on. There is a lot of work involved behind the scenes, I'd love to say this will be done over night but I can only tell you that I promise to keep you updated as soon as we have any news to share.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I can see that the issue of subtitles in this thread has now been going on for four years now, now I, with all my unbridled optimism have to say that this is not an "overnight" period and surely sky would have done something about this, but obviously not and they seem willing to continually discriminate against hard of hearing people. This was the original reason I left sky!

WHEN are you implementing subtitles, the way that the majority of on demand viewing does??????????????????????????????????? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post, The answer to your question is that we don't have a date as yet.

The only information we have at this time is that subtitles are being looked into by our teams.

As @Simon-J mentioned above , if we hear any more information we will let you know.

Thanks

Andy