cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Subtitles Help

i completly agree, how come on Sky i can watch a movie on demand (download it over the net) and it has subtitles but the Now Tv platform owned by the same company, showing the same movies (dispalying Sky movies logo's) doesn't show them. in comparrison to the Free On Demand apps out there (BBC etc) its like Sky and Now Tv are in the 20th century still, on Betamax...

Highlighted
Advocate

Re: subtitles

+1 for adding subtitles; a crucial feature which is used by people with hearing issues, people whose first language is not English, as well as in situations when the TV volume must be kept low. It's 2016 and support for subtitles is a standard feature even on most Freeview channels several years now, even in live events (news, sports, etc).

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Subtitles

I've tried contacting Nowtv.. Impossible. I WAS thinking of subscribing to Now but since I'm deaf it's hardly worth it since their total lack of disability rights and the volume of hard of hearing they are losing out on. Join IDS- there's the door Nowtv.
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Subtitles

Hi @Subtitles3,

Thanks for posting.

We are aware of how important subtitles are to our customers and we really want to make sure everyone can watch. We are working hard to bring this to the service but there is a alot of work to need to do in the background.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Highlighted
Observer

Re: subtitles

Whats the ETA with the subtitle service ? i have seen posts about this that date back to 2012 saying it is something that will be done soon...

@Anonymous User wrote:

Where are the subtitles????

0 Thanks
Observer

Re: Hi Wahidndee In regards to your question, NOW TV curren...

Still no subtitles ...

0 Thanks
Highlighted

I too am a new user and sorely disappointed that there are no subtitles despite users asking for this for YEARS!!

I shall be swapping to Netflix when my pass runs out if this simple request isn't implemented as I find it very difficult to watch a programme without subtitles. Most other platforms now provide subtitles and I fail to see why it's so hard for nowtv to do likewise.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @Nickyb72

This is something we may look into for the service; We'll be sad to lose you as a customer but unfortunately  there are no dates set at present.

If you need any further help please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Just subscribed to Now TV and like the films available but our youngest son is deaf and relays on subtitles....absolutely devastated to learn you don't have them. Many people, not just those with hearing impairments prefer to have subtitles. Sadly we will now not be continuing with the service, as my son has no hope of watching anything on this service. 

Highlighted
Advocate

Looks like Sky can't be bothered to add subtitles.  The hard of hearing are treated like 2nd class citizens.  I quit Now TV for the same reason.