cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subtv
Occasional Poster

Re: subtitles

looks like you have been looking into it for sometime now. stop looking and get on with it  otherwise you will be losing another customer

dkn
First Poster

Re: subtitles

Just canceled the subscription. Thankfully a free one.
Shame on Now TV who claim they've been looking into implementing subtitles for years and now there are no dates...
No subtitles, no paying customers.
0 Thanks
joehealy1971
First Poster

Re: Subtitles

This is "more information"???

Sorry, but you can’t use subtitles with NOW TV at the moment. However this is something we’re planning to add in the future.

Not good enough. Been like this for a few YEARS!

0 Thanks
rodlbrown
First Poster

Re: Subtitles Help

This is not an acceptable response. I wear two hearing aids and need subtitles. This response is now over a year old and you still haven't solved the problem. Subtitles are essential for the deaf and hard of hearing. You will lose me and many other customers if this is not resolved very soon.

lesleyyy
First Poster

I myself also wanted to join nowtv and get rid of Netflix & Amazon prime. As a young lady who is hard of hearing subtitles are a must & I am very disappointed that you do not provide subtitles in this day and age & when your rival company's do provide this service. You say it will be coming soon but give no time frame as so when. very disappointed by now tv
0 Thanks
AnaMt
First Poster

Hello,

Are you planning to add subtitles any time soon? Or is something NowTV is just not going to have?

The truth is, I cancelled both of my subscriptions, Movies and Entertainment, as it doesn't make sense to me keeping NowTV instead of other options if you don't have subtitles.

i would say that you guys are not thinking about your clients with a hearing problem, or for whom English is their second language (my case).

0 Thanks
garysingh34
First Poster

Im amazed that now tv has such a great platform for entertainment and yet overlooked a simple feature which has been around for years.....SUBTITLES!

This is alienating deaf people to use the service.

Im very glad this is a trial as I will definitely not be continuing the service....and I will definitely NOT be recommending to friends and family.
Highlighted
Mac66
Contributor 1

In the BBC Iplayer subtitles work in the catchup programs , but not in live programs .

0 Thanks
Tom-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to say I've merged some more subtitle related posts into this topic.

The message I posted here still stands - there's no news, but we'll provide it as soon as there is any.

Thanks,

Tom

spiceaddict29
Contributor 1

I see that subtitles were first mentioned in 2013 and at that time someone from NOW TV stated that it was something that was hoping to be introduced shortly. It is now 2016 and 36 pages later they are clearly still not available. What kind of customer service is this?

I really struggle to watch some programmes without subtitles and it makes the whole experience very disappointing. I have only just joined NOW TV, but I would have selected a different package if I had known this before I joined. Please just get on with setting them up so more people can appreciate the experience of having NOW TV. To not have this available is really unfair for the hard of hearing community.

Please help us, sooner rather than later!