Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This would be good as having a hearing problem I have to have the sound up loud to hear properly, this can be a problem when our daughter is in bed.  If I have subtitles I can reduce the sound on the TV  alot .  It would be good if you keep people up to date as to your progress on having Subtitles in place on your NOW TV BOXES.  Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got now tv today impressed with overall content and find I can get subtitles on BBC I player. I a so note there is a captions options in the settings of the now to box which need to be set to be turned on. 

In in the meantime waiting to hear when you plan to roll out subtitling across all of now TV services and not just BBC I player. The technology is there do get on with it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have just joined now tv for the movies and extremely disappointed with the lack of subtitles.

My wife has trouble hearing the sound and has to use the subtitles,this has been an incredible disappointment as we can't enjoy a movie together.

Sadly we will be leaving.

Also im shocked that this has not been done after reading this thread and many other complaints all over the internet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was upset because sky has them! We also need them?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. I rely on subtitles and I'm disgusted that you don't provide them. Nowadays this is a given. Netflix etc. 

I'm off!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am Italian, and I'm still trying to learn english. I am very disappointed by the lack of subtitle, I can't enjoy any movie since sometimes I can't understand what they say. I'm sorry, but at this point I will stay with Netflix and Amazon Instant Video.. they offer subtitles in any movies.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is not an acceptable response. I wear two hearing aids and need subtitles. This response is now over a year old and you still haven't solved the problem. Subtitles are essential for the deaf and hard of hearing. You will lose me and many other customers if this is not resolved very soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you planning to add subtitles any time soon? Or is something NowTV is just not going to have?

The truth is, I cancelled both of my subscriptions, Movies and Entertainment, as it doesn't make sense to me keeping NowTV instead of other options if you don't have subtitles.

i would say that you guys are not thinking about your clients with a hearing problem, or for whom English is their second language (my case).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just spent 90 minutes setting up NowTV only to find it does not bother to include subtitles for me and others who are hard of hearing - good job it was a free trial is all I can say!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Amazed there is no option for subtitles.

Have just joined the service and feel at a loss without them.

Really feel discriminated against for lack of what should be an existing service, which is a shame in this day & age.

I will shortly be cancelling my subscription.