Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I am very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Please see this link here for more information.

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is "more information"???

Sorry, but you can’t use subtitles with NOW TV at the moment. However this is something we’re planning to add in the future.

Not good enough. Been like this for a few YEARS!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post.  To add to what @Andy has posted. Subtitles is listed in the Ideas Section of the forum.  Here you can give kudos to the idea and also add comments.  Here is the link http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Ideas-for-NOW-TV/Subtitles/idc-p/213095#M4037

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can anyone please explain why NOW TV deem it acceptable to not provide subtitles when needed yet offer a subtitle option in settings?

Why is it that your competitors can support this function and provide assistance for those of us with hearing difficulties?

Is our money not of the same value of those without impairments???

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This is discrimination! How can you, a very well and big recognised company not allow subtitles for your facilities but allow the subtitles section in settings? And have in fact been operating for two years, I am extremely appalled and will be demanding a full refund!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for getting in touch.

Very sorry about this.

I will send you an email soon.

Kind regards,

Birgit

NOW TV team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I was very enthusiastic about this service when I Signed-up to discover now that subtitles (CC) are not supported.
Shortest time in a trial I am back to netflix.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
How do I turn subtitles off, they are permanently on,

Also, my image is clipped on the left side of my TV screen, have tried the various aspect ratios to no avail. My TV is a Sony Bravia KDL-40V4000

Regards
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
How do I turn subtitles off, they are permanently on,

Also, my image is clipped on the left side of my TV screen, have tried the various aspect ratios to no avail. My TV is a Sony Bravia KDL-40V4000

Regards

@Anonymous User can you confirm which device you are watching it on, as you've posted in the iPhone/iPad section but talk about a Sony TV.

Also there are no subtitles (unless it's a foreign language) on NOW TV, so are you using one of the other apps on the NOW TV box like BBC iPlayer?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, yes I am using the player when I get the subtitles.

I am using the Sony TV, only use iPad for emailing you.

Regards,

Rob