Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there someone from NOW TV that can officially tell us when they will be adding subtitles to the movies?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I know it's nearly two years old, but the post I made here still stands.

As soon as there's any news, we'll share it.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very soon? It's been nearly three years since this post. I'm currently trying to watch inception on now TV and to find out there is no subtitle option is a huge disappointment. I now will struggle to hear what is being said in the film and ultimately will enjoy the film less. It is extremely irritating that you have not considered as to whether people may not be able to hear aswell as others whilst watching the films/TV programmes that we love.
Extremely disappointed.
Will terminate my membership immediately unless subtitles are added soon.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why no subtitles, being a deaf person this is no good to me without subtitles, It is hard work trying to lip read a film, in this modern world it should not be a problem to fix. As other suppliers have it namely Netflix.

@Anonymous User wrote:

Where are the subtitles????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

This is something we may look into for the service; however there are no dates at present.

Keep an eye out on our website for further updates.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

looks like you have been looking into it for sometime now. stop looking and get on with it  otherwise you will be losing another customer

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just canceled the subscription. Thankfully a free one.
Shame on Now TV who claim they've been looking into implementing subtitles for years and now there are no dates...
No subtitles, no paying customers.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

+1 for adding subtitles; a crucial feature which is used by people with hearing issues, people whose first language is not English, as well as in situations when the TV volume must be kept low. It's 2016 and support for subtitles is a standard feature even on most Freeview channels several years now, even in live events (news, sports, etc).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried contacting Nowtv.. Impossible. I WAS thinking of subscribing to Now but since I'm deaf it's hardly worth it since their total lack of disability rights and the volume of hard of hearing they are losing out on. Join IDS- there's the door Nowtv.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

We are aware of how important subtitles are to our customers and we really want to make sure everyone can watch. We are working hard to bring this to the service but there is a alot of work to need to do in the background.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team