Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This now tv is the dogs ######!! Top films but ###### for people who are deaf, sort it out sharpish. Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The lack of subtitles is discriminatory, and likely economic in nature (broadcasters have to pay extra for subtitles). Either NOW TV adds subtitles or I'm off - I'm not yet fully deaf, but heading that way and need subtitles. Simple as...
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I myself also wanted to join nowtv and get rid of Netflix & Amazon prime. As a young lady who is hard of hearing subtitles are a must & I am very disappointed that you do not provide subtitles in this day and age & when your rival company's do provide this service. You say it will be coming soon but give no time frame as so when. very disappointed by now tv
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Im amazed that now tv has such a great platform for entertainment and yet overlooked a simple feature which has been around for years.....SUBTITLES!

This is alienating deaf people to use the service.

Im very glad this is a trial as I will definitely not be continuing the service....and I will definitely NOT be recommending to friends and family.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the BBC Iplayer subtitles work in the catchup programs , but not in live programs .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to say I've merged some more subtitle related posts into this topic.

The message I posted here still stands - there's no news, but we'll provide it as soon as there is any.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see that subtitles were first mentioned in 2013 and at that time someone from NOW TV stated that it was something that was hoping to be introduced shortly. It is now 2016 and 36 pages later they are clearly still not available. What kind of customer service is this?

I really struggle to watch some programmes without subtitles and it makes the whole experience very disappointing. I have only just joined NOW TV, but I would have selected a different package if I had known this before I joined. Please just get on with setting them up so more people can appreciate the experience of having NOW TV. To not have this available is really unfair for the hard of hearing community.

Please help us, sooner rather than later!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i completly agree, how come on Sky i can watch a movie on demand (download it over the net) and it has subtitles but the Now Tv platform owned by the same company, showing the same movies (dispalying Sky movies logo's) doesn't show them. in comparrison to the Free On Demand apps out there (BBC etc) its like Sky and Now Tv are in the 20th century still, on Betamax...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely disgusted that 2 years down the line NowTV doesn't have subtitles. Make it a priority NOWTV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bought a now tv box for my 90 yr old Mother so she could enjoy some missed programmes . Having set the box up today and put on a programme on itv player I realised that this unit does not include a subtitle option . This makes the box totally useless to my Mother as she wears two hearing aids . I can't believe in this day and age that an obvious option is not available . Total discrimination against hearing impaired people . It should be made clear on the box that it is useless for deaf people . Complete waste if £20 !