Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Subtitles appear automatically on foreign language programming such as Jordskott but aren't available on any other programming. 

I'm afraid I don't have a Roku box so can't comment on any programmes there, however NOW TV have never claimed to provide subtitles on any platform, and in regards your question about the NOW TV box there's no way to get subtitles on the NOW TV app, other than the exception above.

Are you sure you are getting subtitles with all content in the NOW TV app? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hope they get included in the (near) future - with my slightly dodgy hearing I find them invaluable for many of today's shows.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User 

They will be added in the near future 🙂 we're working on it right now and it should be available by the end of this year!

Thanks,

Ryan

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is now Dec. 23, the end of the year by any measure, and I still cannot get subtitles for Sky content (eg Westworld) with my Roku Streaming Stick.  When will subtitles actually be available, and how can one get them?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

If you are still interested in subtitles I'd recommend signing up for the subtitles trial which has just been announced. More details here 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Try-subtitles-on-your-NOW-TV-or-Roku-Box/m-p/414390#U414390

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, on every programme I watch. I have all the channels. Entertainment, Movies and Sports. Roku can't overwrite the content provided by Sky to NowTV. So it must be a choice to not provide subtitles via NowTV boxes.

Even my LG TV that has NowTV build in has subtitles. There is no excuse for making subtitles available. It's probably a policy to avoid conflict with SkyGo users, who also don't and never will get subtitles.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User NOW TV don't have subtitles. I'm not sure what you are watching on your Roku box when you think you are seeing them, but it can't be any of the content from NOW TV (I tested my Roku box earlier, subs fine on Amazon Video, but nothing on NOW TV).

Other apps on the NOW TV box can show subtitles if they support them (YouTube, BBC iPlayer) as Sky haven't limited the boxes in that respect.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is appalling. No subtitles in 2016!
Your advertising should state in big letters "no subtitles " . My now tv box is going back to the shop.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am so unhappy.   I purchased NOW TV - advised from Curry staff.

to my disappointment, it does not have subtitles.  was looking forward to a nice night in with a movie.

I have wasted my money.

Me born deaf !! need subtitles.  It is my life.

I will inform all deaf communities not to buy Now TV.

regards, Jool

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So Sky owns Now TV. A multi-million pound company and they cannot do a simple thing like put subtitles on. It's nonsense that there are any technical issues preventing this, not after they have been looking at this for years. Are they seriously expecting us to believe that they cannot fix this? Rubbish. Their main Sky service has subtitles, so in my opinion they are hoping that customers who like the NowTV content will just buy the more expensive Sky services if they want subtitles. It's underhand, it's disrespectful towards deaf and hard of hearing customers (of which I am the latter) and the fact they keep repeating since 2012, some 4 years that this is being looked into is incredible. I am furious about this.