Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Subtitles Help

@Cmalt wrote:
So there's comments from January saying subtitles will soon be implemented... 11 months later and I still don't see any subtitle option? Will this ever happen?

Really! Where?

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Highlighted

Subtitles

For some reason it's very easy to put subtitles on when watching NowTV via a Roku device but not via the NowTV box (model# 4200SK-UK). Are they even available?
Tags (1)
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Subtitles

@bathgatebairn84

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately NOW TV doesn't provide subtitles on its content at this time.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Subtitles

It's my understanding that subtitles aren't available on NOW TV on the Roku boxes either, although the Roku box does have the ability to show subtitles where apps support them, such as Netflix.

Highlighted

They are available through the NowTV App on the Roku device
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@bathgatebairn84

Subtitles appear automatically on foreign language programming such as Jordskott but aren't available on any other programming. 

I'm afraid I don't have a Roku box so can't comment on any programmes there, however NOW TV have never claimed to provide subtitles on any platform, and in regards your question about the NOW TV box there's no way to get subtitles on the NOW TV app, other than the exception above.

Are you sure you are getting subtitles with all content in the NOW TV app? 

Highlighted

Yes, on every programme I watch. I have all the channels. Entertainment, Movies and Sports. Roku can't overwrite the content provided by Sky to NowTV. So it must be a choice to not provide subtitles via NowTV boxes.

Even my LG TV that has NowTV build in has subtitles. There is no excuse for making subtitles available. It's probably a policy to avoid conflict with SkyGo users, who also don't and never will get subtitles.
0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

@bathgatebairn84 NOW TV don't have subtitles. I'm not sure what you are watching on your Roku box when you think you are seeing them, but it can't be any of the content from NOW TV (I tested my Roku box earlier, subs fine on Amazon Video, but nothing on NOW TV).

Other apps on the NOW TV box can show subtitles if they support them (YouTube, BBC iPlayer) as Sky haven't limited the boxes in that respect.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
Highlighted

Re: subtitles

This is appalling. No subtitles in 2016!
Your advertising should state in big letters "no subtitles " . My now tv box is going back to the shop.
0 Thanks
Highlighted

I am so unhappy.   I purchased NOW TV - advised from Curry staff.

to my disappointment, it does not have subtitles.  was looking forward to a nice night in with a movie.

I have wasted my money.

Me born deaf !! need subtitles.  It is my life.

I will inform all deaf communities not to buy Now TV.

regards, Jool

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

So Sky owns Now TV. A multi-million pound company and they cannot do a simple thing like put subtitles on. It's nonsense that there are any technical issues preventing this, not after they have been looking at this for years. Are they seriously expecting us to believe that they cannot fix this? Rubbish. Their main Sky service has subtitles, so in my opinion they are hoping that customers who like the NowTV content will just buy the more expensive Sky services if they want subtitles. It's underhand, it's disrespectful towards deaf and hard of hearing customers (of which I am the latter) and the fact they keep repeating since 2012, some 4 years that this is being looked into is incredible. I am furious about this.

0 Thanks