Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have just bought a NowTV box and am appalled that there are no subtitles available.  

I am not hard of hearing, but often stay up later that the rest of my family, so use subtitles a lot to prevent distrubing them with the TV volume. I also work in a care centre for people with sensory loss and cannot understand why, in this modern all inclusive world we are suppose to live in, that this TV system can be marketed without provision for the hard of hearing.  Shame on you Now TV, I am sure the techology is there, but you have chosen to ignore and discriminate against a large proportion of society.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
subtitltes are really important for people can't hear Very well and foreigners, why Sky isn't interested about it?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
To put it frankly sky don't give a flying toss for it's customers. When you leave sky they try and offer you the world. Pity they don't think enough of us to provide the service we expect!!!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do you turn on the subtitles?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately NOW TV do not provide subtitles at this time
http://help.nowtv.com/article/Subtitles
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm another new customer really disappointed to find that Now does not have subtitles. WHEN is this going to be changed?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is no news on when subtitles will be added to the service. The NOW TV Team will post any announcements on this site when there is any news available.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is absolutely ridicolous, one year and one month since this answer and still nothing, but not only that, I found a lot of messages of people complaining about the subtitles and no answer from the team, also the first time someone ask of this was in 2012, this is not fair

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I suggest someone sets up a parliamentary petition and if we get over 100,000 people registering interest then maybe it will get discussed by the government and we can finally enforce some of the legislation around disability discrimination 

http://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/sign-a-petition/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am a new user hard of hearing and it seems that I have to change to Net Flix if I want subtitles. I can't believe that in this day and age that this service is not available. A very big thumbs down for Now. I can,t even give Anthonyandoscar thumbs up!!