cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
captaing
Advocate

Re: subtitles

This is unnactable. It is now 2015 and this issue has been raised since 2013 when it was stated by the forum moderator that it would be implemented soon. 2 years later is not soon. This is pathetic in this day and age. Will not be renewing my subscription
0 Thanks
ResidentStevil
Advocate

I set my mum's Now TV account up for her yesterday and she rang me today asking how to turn the subtitles on. She is hard of hearing and in this day and age I cannot believe a service like this has not got subtitles! It didn't even enter my head to check before hand because I just assumed that a company of this size would have subtitles. Oh well, at least it's only a 30 day trial.

Bigberner
Advocate

I should have checked here first! Both my wife and I are deaf, and I am disgusted that Sky/Now TV are so dismissive of the needs of literally millions of people with hearing problems. There is only one solution which is to take our obviously unwanted business elsewhere.....

hmill-6
Mentor

Re: Subtitles Help

I am really disappointed to discover that Now TV does not support subtitles. I was looking forward to watched the HBO shows on Sky Atlantic, but I have cognitive problems and have real trouble following fast American dialogue. I have had to give up watching Show Me A Hero because of the constant rewinding! Please, please, provide subtitles. Thanks

0 Thanks
dakshmak
Advocate

Subtitles also help at night, not to disturb your partner, when the headphones are broken. Most dialogue is ununderstandable with sound is turned down. Even with sound booster set high on the telly. 

Basically have to switch to Netflix at night. 

This is lame for a Multinational company and can only be a conscious decision after so many years. At least then work on the sound so the voices are clearer. 

0 Thanks
No-subtitles
Advocate

Why are the no subtites?

I bought this as I knew it had a close caption setting. After spending a day trying to work out why they are not working, finally saw on this that you do not have them. I'm a little confused, as I thought you would have them if I had a sky box.

Also, you can't even get the subtitles on BBC iPlayer on itv cathup too.

I have a hearing problem and rely on them. Also with the sound quality I can barely even hear voices on your system.

If I had know about this in the first place, I would have not bought the box. I will now have to cancel my subscriptions to your services as they cannot be used.

The shame is that Netflix have great audio and subtitles so will use this instead.
pixiepops1
Advocate

Re: Hi Wahidndee In regards to your question, NOW TV curren...

I am extremely disappointed with most things about Now TV.  I signed up for the sky movie package free for a month, and then saw online I could also add the Now TV package for just one pound, instead of almost seven pounds.  I added this to my account and was disgusted to find that, without even being shown a charge at "checkout", like every other thing I have ever bought online, Now TV had just taken the whole usual amount on my card!!!! I should really report this to trading standards. I will not be continuing with Now TV after the first month.  There are no subtitles and when trying to watch 3 whole series of Trollied back to back, I have to keep going out of Now TV completely, and going back into the app for each new episode!!!! It's totally rubbish!!! Netflix is far superior, and cheaper (oh and it has subtitles), and gives you about 10 seconds between episodes of series you are watching, then plays it automatically.  Also you can create your own list to watch later.  Netflix rocks 🙂

Highlighted
Birgit-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Hi Wahidndee In regards to your question, NOW TV curren...

Hi @pixiepops1

Very sorry to hear that.

The £1 offer is for new customers only, therefore if you ever had any other subscription on your account you won't be eligible.

In regards to your pass(es), just make sure you cancel them if you don't wish to use them anymore.  If you need further help, please let us know.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Samuel1k99

I just signed up for this because I wanna see the films, now I don't see any subtitles? I'm disappointed! I am also deaf and I kinda feel insulted.
JuanE
Advocate

Re: Why are the no subtites?

Hi Now TV programming dept, 

I have read some threads about subtitles and I realised that this is something that people are complaining since 2012! Any progress on the subject? Is this something that the team is interested in updating?

Could you please let me know if the team is interested in providing this feature to Now TV? 

Best regards, 

Juan