cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: subtitles

As a person with a hearing impairment, I would also like to see subtitles. A simple addition would go a long way, it's very surprising subs haven't been implemented already.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

If you want subtitles, I suggest voting for it on the Ideas Board.  One more vote and it will be the top idea!

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideaexchangepage/blog-id/My_Ideas/tab/most-kudoed

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Highlighted
Advocate

Please please add subtitles ASAP. Movies come with them so why do you not put them on here for us to access?
I have brain damage & vestibular damage and so only hear most parts as an echo.
I strongly feel that by not giving us access to subtitles you are discriminating against a large percentage of the population.
It seems that disability discriminations laws do not cover providers such as you, otherwise you'd not be leaving us out like this!
Maybe the law should be changed along with your care for your paying or trial subscribers!
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

how disappointed with now tv thought would sort this out by now... i feel discrimnated by u..  so i will be notified to ofcom about this.. i hope u have very good reason to why yet not got subtitle... 

Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Subtitles Help

Just activated 24 month contract with now TV. Subtitles are such a standard requirement, it didn't occur to me that they will wouldn't be included. Very very disappointing. Wish I hadn't cancelled Netflix.
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Nn1332 wrote:
Just activated 24 month contract with now TV. Subtitles are such a standard requirement, it didn't occur to me that they will wouldn't be included. Very very disappointing. Wish I hadn't cancelled Netflix.

I thought NowTv was a monthly contract where you can cancel their service anytime with no penalties from what i gathered.

How are you locked into a 24 month contract, unless you mean you are contracted to Sky UK for 24 months.

From what i believe (might be wrong thou) NowTv is a totally independent streaming service from Sky UK.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Have you purchased the 'NOW TV with Sky Broadband Bundle' by any chance Nn1332?

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Have you purchased the 'NOW TV with Sky Broadband Bundle' by any chance @Nn1332?

Thanks for the intel, didn't even know that Sky offered NowTV packages with their broadband service.

I am out of contract with BT and currently weighing up my options, you wouldn't have link by any chance.

Cheers

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Here you go: http://www.sky.com/shop/nowbundle/

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Hi Wahidndee In regards to your question, NOW TV curren...

No subtitles! Disgrace...can't make out what characters are saying lots of the time, especially with True Dectective - really impairs enjoyment of many excellent programmes!

0 Thanks