Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Come on nowtv team you were saying that you were looking for ways to provide subtitles on all movies over two years ago, and still you don't do it. WHY?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Is this legal? Surely this is discriminating against the hard of hearing. Sort it out now,TV !!!!
Biggaz111
Anonymous User
Not applicable

just signed up mainly for the sport and movies, but will be leaving soon as its ridiculous that there are no subtitles in this day and age, they have been around for decades and are available in other media!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had to cancel my account a few months ago with NOW TV due to their inability to provide subtitles. Its a shame as their selection of shows and movies are top quality and ones that i'd love to view. Instead i have to settle for the second-rate streaming service Netflix. I keep checking on here every now and then in the hope that someday Sky will have implemented the subtitle feature. Until then i cannot bring myself to renew my subscription.

One day maybe... Just one day.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just got this and set it up....looked great. Then went to play my first film....no subtitles! Wish I'd seen this thread before buying, it is going to have to be returned.

I can't understand why they are not provided.....?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No subtitles is a discrace my daughter is deaf and can not watch anything on now tv because of nothing being done about subtitles sort it out or you will lose loads of subscribers Thank you and merry xmas

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sky clearly doesn't give a monkeys about it's customers.

I made the point a while ago in the forums about the continual statements
sky make about it's importance to implement subtitles and yet years later
no subtitles.

They also say it's on their roadmap???? Ermmm..... So where are they?????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Like the person above, I am new to NOW TV and disappointed to learn that there are no subtitles for films. Surely in this day and age it can't be rocket science to add these to the service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As you know, Now TV have been looking into the subtitles for over 2 years. I will be leaving once the 30 free days period is over. Why stay if you're not happy, they will soon wake up when many of us start leaving. It's a shame because Sky do a good service otherwise

I understand subtitles are available with Netflix and it's cheaper!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

if the technology behind subtitles is too advanced for the box, why not have two versions of the movies with hardcoded subs in one of them?

I would gladly pay 50p-1£ more for the subtitled version, having seen yet another american movie where half of the spoken information is lost for me with mumbling actors and background noise...