Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I must add also that I rely on subtitles, the sound on these modern TV's can be very loud but speech is hard to pick up fluentl, its very up and down which make syllables confusing sometime.

Subtitles are quite important. Get them on!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello TV NOW users and mods!

This thread was created since
29-10-2012 02:34

@Anonymous User wrote:

Where are the subtitles????

And there are still no subtitles features?
Some moderators who been posted to this thread are already fired/retired.

It's utterly shameful and discriminate against the hearing impaired NOW TV users, you NOW lost one more customer!

Again, please convince this to add the subtitles for NOW TV and I will return.

Sincerely,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I woul like subtitles on now tv.

Actually my mother needs it.

Please explain the technical reasons for their absence.

They are on iplayer from bbc.

Perhaps you need to recruit some quality sw engineers?

Dr_Skids

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Afer all this time, STILL no subtitles and STILL no response from Sky about it either, not a dicky bird.

I am deaf and rely on hearing aids, AND subtitles. I agree that speech can be so difficult to make out on modern TV, and also find that modern programme makers increase the sounds of things like action scenes soooo much, but speaking scenes are very hard to understand.

SUBTITLES PLEASE - IF FREEVIEW CAN DO IT, WHY CANT SKY???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see on the firmware update there is now a closed captain option. Am I to believe that sky have finally seen the light and intend to offer it's customers what we have been demanding for so long?????
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you do a screen shot?

As I don't want to buy the device again which I've binned it in the first place!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User there's been no change regarding subtitles. We'd let you know here as soon as there was such news.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Colt45UK  @Anonymous User  Colt45 - Dont bother purchasing another box. Now TV do NOT deserve the money again!! It seems that even though Closed Captioning has been incorporated within the new firmware thats as much as Now TV are capable of delivering. It sure isnt achieving customer expectations thats for sure!!!! Yet again, despite the NUMEROUS requests of your customers TOM it appears not to matter one jot to your organisation. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It really does matter to us, but that doesn't mean it's something we can just get up and do. I've explained before that it's very technically complex to implement. Comments from people saying "freeview does it" don't take into account that our internet TV service is built in a completely different way. I know Netflix have subtitles, but again, different service, different platform.

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Tom,

That was a rubbish email.