Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi mauricio16,

Thanks for the post.

We do apologise for this and we are looking to implement this feature very soon.

Keep an eye out on our community pages for updates.

All the best,

Shannon
NOW TV Team
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just started a trail, and I am sick to death of finding no subtitles. My partner who is deaf & I can't enjoy sky on demand or this service because sky is making no effort to be inclusive. 1 million people are deaf in the Uk and millions more rely on subtitles to enjoy movies and tv. Sky has a legal obligation to supply subtitles on it's satellite service, the law should step in and add on demand services to this law too. Sky could make the money back easily by leading the market and offering on demand service with good subtitles. 1% of the marketing would be 10,000 people, £89,990 a month easily achievable.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Lewzopowers,

Thanks for getting in contact.

We completly understand your point of view and we are trying to make NOW TV better for all of our customers.

We appreciate your patience with us and hope we can make NOW TV the service you want in the future.

Regards,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi just purchased a now TV package with 3 months of movies @ cost of £25. Only to find it was a complete waste of money and time due to the the lack of subtitles obviously this is my own fault for not spending time on Google researching this option. As most people would expect such a service to be included as such similar providers of this service can include subtitles why not sky. As such I will also not be renewing this subscription as sky have taken no notice of their ideas board surely such a service would not take 12 months plus to implement.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi greendavencaz96,

Thanks for getting in touch with us at NOW TV, sorry to hear you're unhappy with the service.

We're constantly working on ways to develop and improve our service for our customers, and always value ideas from our customers. Although this is something we are yet to introduce, please keep an eye on our Community for new and updates as this may be something we introduce in the near future.

We know how frustrating this may be and we apologise for the disappointment.

Happy New Year!

Sal

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi there,

Actually you posted a response to a similar post like this from a couple of
years ago in exactly the same way. So what you're saying is from a 'script'
and is nonsense! Thanks of nothing, if you're going to provide a service
that is in contradiction of the law then I'm not continuing with it!

Dawn

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sophie_2013,

Apologies you feel this way, we would hate to see you leave!

We are always working on making the service more accessible for our customers, so this is something we have been looking into for a while now. Apologies you are still waiting for this but we hope to have this in the future.

Kind Regards,

Sal

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I first received my NOW TV Box and installed it I was delighted but after trying to watch the movies I am so disappointed to find there is no facility for subtitles.  My husband is hard of hearing and finds it impossible to hear what is being said.  My hearing is fine but I find it a bit difficult as well.  So we will cancel the movies after the free trial as it would be a total waste of money.

I see from the forums that this has been going on for some considerable time.   Good job the box was only a tenner as it is useless if you are deaf.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"We are always working on making the service more accessible for our customers."

Clearly NOT Sal! 4 years this has been going on, the above response is simply untrue.

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi Sophie_2013,

Apologies you feel this way, we would hate to see you leave!

We are always working on making the service more accessible for our customers, so this is something we have been looking into for a while now. Apologies you are still waiting for this but we hope to have this in the future.

Kind Regards,

Sal

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I wouldn't blame yourself for not doing the research - in 2014 it's completely unbelievable that a subtitle service is unavailable (note that we had subtitles decades ago, so this should have been a primary consideration when setting the service up). It was therefore a reasonable expectation on your part that, in this day and age, subtitles would automatically be provided.

@Anonymous User wrote:
@Anonymous User just purchased a now TV package with 3 months of movies @ cost of £25. Only to find it was a complete waste of money and time due to the the lack of subtitles obviously this is my own fault for not spending time on Google researching this option. As most people would expect such a service to be included as such similar providers of this service can include subtitles why not sky. As such I will also not be renewing this subscription as sky have taken no notice of their ideas board surely such a service would not take 12 months plus to implement.