Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi StuartRagerson,

I appreciate the issues you have presented.

We do want to make NOW TV as user friendly as possible for all current and potential users and value your feedback.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but we do have a Your Ideas for NOW TV board you can post valuable feedback like this so that we can use it to improve the services.

Once again, thanks for your input.

Aaron

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Will post it there 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have posted this in the new ideas community and so far have been ignored. I will also cancel my subscription when it comes to an end.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

MAY BE LOOKING.... what sort of statement is that?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

WTF!

WHY AM I GETTING THIS ###### EMAIL!?!?!?

I'VE ASKED YOU TO REMOVE ME FROM MAILING LIST WHICH I ASKED YA ON 03-06-2013!!!

SO WHY AM I GETTING THIS TODAY?!?!

So yea, I use CAP LOCK cos you don't listen, so i thought maybe shouting might helps you to wake up! - either add SUBTITLES or remove me from mailing list!

We’d like to introduce you to the Entertainment Month Pass
Can't see this email properly?
Click here to view it in your browser. Add mission.control@nowtv.com to your address book.

NOW TV Powered by Sky

Sign in |   Help |  Community

Live TV, Catch up and box sets
now available with NOW TV

Hi {removed},

You might have already seen on our website or on your device, but we wanted to let you know we recently added the Entertainment Month Pass to NOW TV. This pass lets you watch TV shows as live TV, catch up and box sets.

Discover the Entertainment Month Pass

Devices

Just so you know, you can’t reply to this email, but if you do want to get in touch you can find us at NOW TV Help.

NOW TV: 18+. UK only. Content streamed. Requires broadband/3G (charges may apply). Register up to four compatible devices and watch on two at the same time. Device changes limited to one per month. Check terms and conditions at nowtv.com/terms

Entertainment Month Pass: Currently not available on Android devices and YouView. Introductory price of £4.99 per month if subscribe by 31st March 2014. Automatically renews until cancelled. You can stop renewal at any time.

NOW TV is a trading name of British Sky Broadcasting Limited (registered number 02906991) of Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 5QD.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Colt45UK,

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to see this this should not be the case I've sent you a private message regarding this, please respond so we can sort this for you.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Replied...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Massive disappointment, my fiancee is hard of hearing, to find we can't get subtitles is a complete joke. I will be complaining to sky and others about this. This is discrimination against deaf and hard of hearing. Sort it out please and fast.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky won't care.

None of the Sky "On Demand" service is subtitled. On Sky Atlantic they frequently advertise programs as subtitled, then "forget" to subtitle them. Can't see them showing a TV show / Movie without a soundtrack, but they don't understand that for deaf / Hard of Hearing people not providing subtitles is exactly what they are doing.

Subtitles and Audio description options should be at the forefront of any service in the modern age. To leave them out and fob people off with "We're working on it" isn't good enough. They should have been in place when the service is launched. 

All of the films on Now TV have been shown on Sky Movies, so they would have a subtitle track. 99% of films on DVD have a subtitle track, so we're not asking you to write the subtitles, just work out a way of showing them, but of course that will cost money so why bother eh?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like there are no subtitles!!! Still, what is the problem? Why is it taking so long to implement this, I too will not be continuing this service, love film and netflix also do not provide this. I sure hope you hurry up you will be the first streaming service provider to do this too. I am shocked that the law said 90% of films Tec must have subtitles and you only have 4% and that is only because BBC I player provide it etc.