Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Subtitles (in English) are now working on most Freeview channels on my Now TV Smart Box.

Yes they are for the Freeview 'live broadcast' (DVB-T/T2) channels. But they're not available yet via the NOW TV service...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So started watching the Godfather, and the sections they speak in italian are not there, rendering almost a third of the film unwatchable, I assume the same for the Godfather 2,  which would make almost half the film unwatchable to anyone who cannot speak both Italian and English. This is strange, I must say, and confusing, so, as you mentioned that subtitles will be coming later this year, will this also mean that you will be including the full version of a movie where, in most cases these sections of the film are already included with English subtitles?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

That is a different issue as to what this topic is about, the English subtitles should be automatically embedded into The Godfather.

Let me raise it to the content team and ask them to look into it.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I thing Now TV is good. But without subtitles I may cancel too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is really bad that in this day and age there is no subtitles on your service - this means you are discriminating against your disabled customers in the way you provide the service. You may want to look up The Equality Act 2010.

Not only this, but just think of the tens of thousands of people in GB who speak foreign languages who need subtitles to follow fast moving movies... your competitors are cheaper so I'm not sure how you hope for this to take off when you provide less service for more money.

I signed up for a 30 day trial, but I guess I shan't be renewing if you can't offer a simple thing like subtitles.

Dear me...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As above I totally agree.

I like watching films with subtitles as due to my hearing deficiency I often mis-hear or can't hear parts of speech in films. I too am highly disappointed you cannot offer subtitles like many other services do (I used to use Netflix who's subtitling was actually very good).

There is no excuse to not cater for those with a disability for your service.

Just like others on this thread, I will also not be renewing any subscriptions until this is resolved.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no subtitles? Was thinking of signing up but no subtitles = No new customer

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I wish I could say that sky were concerned about not carrying about their hearing impaired customers however it's clear from their response (or lack of it) they don't give a rats ###### about them. I don't think they will ever provide subtitles unless they are forced to do so. It's a real pity as we are in an area where we cannot have a sky dish. This solution would have Bern ideal.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The best solution is netflix,  they have far more subtitles than any other streaming service companies.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I already subscribe to Netflix purely because they are the ONLY streaming service whom provides subtitles. At least they cater for their customers needs.