Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User 

Can you pass on to the other teams that under the Equality Act 2010, it is unlawful for them not to provide access to us d/Deaf people. To provide access, we require subtitles. Just because they "don't know how to do it" is not a valid excuse.
Should we decide to, all of us can lodge a complaint with the EHRC and the Government Equalities Office.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Wahidndee

I think if you think back to when NETFLIX and other streaming services started out that they had a lot of teething problems,including " no subtitles." But i think the main thing is with all these services,when they just start up,is that they're up and running.Thats why they have forums such as this,to take on suggestions and improvements to their services.

As far as i'm concerned its early days yet for NOW TV.It hasn't been running for that long,so is still fairly new.

My point is that NOW TV can only get better and with our help and suggestions to the service,it will end up being ,( to the streaming community ),what SKY TV is to ( the satellite/broadband community )

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Clintondean, I will add my name to the list should we plan to lodge a complaint!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When you are done with NowTV remember to contact

ITV

CH5

CH4

Lovefilm

Amazon (CC does not work over HDMI)

Vudu

BBC sport

SCEE PSN Movies and TV

Movies unlimited.

NHL game center

MLB 

Crackle

YouTube

Vidzone

As there content is missing sub titles options... via there ondemand players...

If you realy care youll want these apps to enable subs as well not just pick on NowTV...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Great I'll get on it now. Thanks for the tip.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Est3516,

Thanks for posting.

In regards to your post on the My Ideas section, please be aware that unlike other boards we do not respond directly to these posts, as this areas is intended for users to put forward suggestions and these are then reviewed by the Community manager and a status is given to reflect what action is being taken with this suggestion.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I quite agree !! If having subtitles is such a big issue..then why sign up with companies that are unable to do them in the first place ?

If having subtitles was so important to me then i would have asked the NOW TV's,Lovefilms etc..etc..if i was able to get them before taking their product or entering into any agreement that involved subscription fees !!

Makes common sense..does it not ???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Because asking often involves waiting for days for a reply; when in this day and age there is no excuse for there not to be subtitles. So the only way to find out is to sign up.

Then you come here and see a message like "we are planning to implement it" - then months later they are still "planning" on implementing it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is the issue here. We deaf should NOT have to ask whether subtitle are available, they should be available as part of the service, as per requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act. Thought that was the whole point of the legislation in the first place?