cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Hi Wahidndee In regards to your question, NOW TV current...

Hello LeBleu,

I appreciate it's been a long time since this discussion was started, but there's still no update unfortunately. Adding subtitles would be a really complex change to the service, and so isn't something that can happen quickly, if it does happen.

We'll keep the community updated as soon as there's news, but won't be able to provide any more information until there is news, sorry.

Tom

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Subscription cancelled then.

Guys, I think we should vote with our feet... I've renewed my Netflix subscription which has a lot of subtitles available; and you can inform them of any title missing subtitles (I don't know if they take any notice, but I've been reporting stuff I find without them).

Who fancies starting an equality act campaign about how we are not getting fair access to the service (or even a discount for not being able to fully use it). Paying SkyTV customers get access to subtitles on their digital viewing platform so the subtitles are available to BSkyB/SkyTV/NowTV.

The Roku box/NowTV box uses an application which could be modified; in the same way that Netflix uses an App on the AppleTV as well as iPad/iPod/iPhone and also on their Windows applications and browser-based viewing... and they all have subtitle options.

@Tom-R- thank you for your reply; please can we have someone of a more senior position (not just someone moderating the forum/community) coming on here and making comment?

Highlighted

Ive cancelled now TV due to subtitles issue

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I got some £2 a month deal for a limited time. So far in 3 months I have watched 3 minutes of one film before having to turn it off due to a lack of subtitles.

I'm going to cancel it as I have reactivated my Netflix and am enjoying being able to watch films again.

The selection of films is pretty poor on NowTV anyway so it's no loss for me anyway.

I only wanted subtitles as my daughter is a light sleeper and I have to watch everything with the volume down so without them this service is useless to me.

Tags (2)
0 Thanks
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @ClintonDean,

I'm responsible for managing the operation of this forum, and work directly with other teams within NOW TV to get you the correct information before posting anything, so the responses I've provided previously are in line with any other response you'd possibly get.

I totally agree with the calls for us to add subtitles to the service and am doing everything I can to demonstrate the level or interest there is in this addition to the service, but I won't make promises I can't keep or set expectations beyond what's currently possible.

If you'd like to discuss this further, although there's really nothing more for me to add right now, feel free to email me at thomas.rushton@bskyb.com.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Thanks @Tom-R 

Can you pass on to the other teams that under the Equality Act 2010, it is unlawful for them not to provide access to us d/Deaf people. To provide access, we require subtitles. Just because they "don't know how to do it" is not a valid excuse.
Should we decide to, all of us can lodge a complaint with the EHRC and the Government Equalities Office.

Highlighted

Hi Wahidndee

I think if you think back to when NETFLIX and other streaming services started out that they had a lot of teething problems,including " no subtitles." But i think the main thing is with all these services,when they just start up,is that they're up and running.Thats why they have forums such as this,to take on suggestions and improvements to their services.

As far as i'm concerned its early days yet for NOW TV.It hasn't been running for that long,so is still fairly new.

My point is that NOW TV can only get better and with our help and suggestions to the service,it will end up being ,( to the streaming community ),what SKY TV is to ( the satellite/broadband community )

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Re: subtitles

It's not just the lack of subtitles that is an issue. For those with poor eyesight the design not only of the interface but even this website is very very bad and a struggle to read. There is no audio description either.

You perhaps don't think these things are important till they happen to you. I now have sight problems and so can see issue, if you will pardon the pun, that weren't obvious and indeed wouldn't have crossed my mind ten years ago.

And don't get me started on discovering in the last year what life is like in a wheelchair!
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi StuartRagerson,

I appreciate the issues you have presented.

We do want to make NOW TV as user friendly as possible for all current and potential users and value your feedback.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but we do have a Your Ideas for NOW TV board you can post valuable feedback like this so that we can use it to improve the services.

Once again, thanks for your input.

Aaron

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Will post it there 🙂