Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry to hear that.

The £1 offer is for new customers only, therefore if you ever had any other subscription on your account you won't be eligible.

In regards to your pass(es), just make sure you cancel them if you don't wish to use them anymore.  If you need further help, please let us know.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
no subtitles? what? the most of movies can not be understand without this... is too difficult, please provide it
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello.

If you do not apply subtitles, I am leaving Now TV!!

Regards,

Gordi28

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

Thank you for posting.

We appreciate your feedback and understand the frustration with the lack of subtitles currently.

We can voice your frustrations to the relevant team for you all and apologise for the inconvenience.

We will update the Community if there is any information on this.

Char

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A year later since you started "looking into it" and still no subtitles? When are they coming? (If they are coming!)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello LeBleu,

I appreciate it's been a long time since this discussion was started, but there's still no update unfortunately. Adding subtitles would be a really complex change to the service, and so isn't something that can happen quickly, if it does happen.

We'll keep the community updated as soon as there's news, but won't be able to provide any more information until there is news, sorry.

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subscription cancelled then.

Guys, I think we should vote with our feet... I've renewed my Netflix subscription which has a lot of subtitles available; and you can inform them of any title missing subtitles (I don't know if they take any notice, but I've been reporting stuff I find without them).

Who fancies starting an equality act campaign about how we are not getting fair access to the service (or even a discount for not being able to fully use it). Paying SkyTV customers get access to subtitles on their digital viewing platform so the subtitles are available to BSkyB/SkyTV/NowTV.

The Roku box/NowTV box uses an application which could be modified; in the same way that Netflix uses an App on the AppleTV as well as iPad/iPod/iPhone and also on their Windows applications and browser-based viewing... and they all have subtitle options.

@Anonymous User- thank you for your reply; please can we have someone of a more senior position (not just someone moderating the forum/community) coming on here and making comment?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ive cancelled now TV due to subtitles issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got some £2 a month deal for a limited time. So far in 3 months I have watched 3 minutes of one film before having to turn it off due to a lack of subtitles.

I'm going to cancel it as I have reactivated my Netflix and am enjoying being able to watch films again.

The selection of films is pretty poor on NowTV anyway so it's no loss for me anyway.

I only wanted subtitles as my daughter is a light sleeper and I have to watch everything with the volume down so without them this service is useless to me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

I'm responsible for managing the operation of this forum, and work directly with other teams within NOW TV to get you the correct information before posting anything, so the responses I've provided previously are in line with any other response you'd possibly get.

I totally agree with the calls for us to add subtitles to the service and am doing everything I can to demonstrate the level or interest there is in this addition to the service, but I won't make promises I can't keep or set expectations beyond what's currently possible.

If you'd like to discuss this further, although there's really nothing more for me to add right now, feel free to email me at thomas.rushton@bskyb.com.

Thanks,

Tom