cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

rating movies

I have watched a few movies now and don't agree with the star ratings, as in "Max" only had 3 when me and my kuds thought it was an awesome film, and I do think some are in the wrong genres? So please can someone help me out as to how I star movies myself? Many thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately NOW TV doesn't allow you to rate movies yourself. I agree the star system they use isn't very useful, I'd prefer to see ratings derived from IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Just wondering if Sky Satellite customers who subscribe to the Cinema package, can they rate the movies similar to how Netflix users can or is the Sky movie star rating derived by another method ?

Never had Sky Satellite hence the reason for my question.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps

No, as far as I know the ratings come from Rotten Tomatoes  in some way. However I'm not sure how they get converted into a star rating. I like RT's percent ratings, and the fact they separate out critics from users (same with IMDB) and would much rather see those displayed rather than the star rating - presumably a 2 star rating could be anything from 21% (unlikely to bother with) to 40% (worth a shot if it interests).

Of course you have to make your own mind up at the end of the day but with so many movies to choose from on the cinema pass a good rating system does help (and Netflix have some pretty sophisticated recommendation algorithms going on behind the scenes ehich makes their ability to rate movies yourself worth doing).

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately NOW TV doesn't allow you to rate movies yourself. I agree the star system they use isn't very useful, I'd prefer to see ratings derived from IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes. 

I think a lot of the Now ratings are on the ball. Some one/two stars though are so bad they are good. 😄

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂