cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

programmes ending soon

Is there a section on nowtv that lists programmes ending soon?  If there isn't I think it would be a useful addition.

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You may find these extremely useful links helpful with regards to both content available and leaving dates on NowTV.

http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/

http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/movies.php

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Artsea for series doesn't seem to work anymore. Is there an alternative?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @schnapps 

Something I just stumbled across when looking at the offers page for Now TV and everything on that page it displays when such content leaves Now TV.  However looking at the content on my phones app it does not show this unless its within a couple of months. 

This should be implemented across all devices and all sections, regardless how long it is available. As I too would find this extremely useful as we are binge watching True Blood and it shows its there until September. Whereas as mentioned in the content area itself, nothing.

https://www.nowtv.com/offers

Now TV expirey dates.jpg

True Blood via 'My TV'

True Blood no expiry.jpg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F 

What are the chances of expiry dates being added as demonstrated in the "offers" page across the rest Now TV?

It is handy to know how long said content is available for regardless of it being on Now TV for 6 months or a year. 

Especially for those who are binge watching or planning to watch such content.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

This is quite an interesting topic, and one that I think has been debated around the office. 

@Jason-C - Do you have any views on this?

My thinking is to send the thread to editorial to get their view?

Thanks

Karl

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi everyone,

That's a good point! The expiry information comes from the same place, so I'm sure it's possible.

Historically, we tried not to put the furthest expiry dates on everything, as there's always the risk licencing deals could be struck differently if it's quite far out. We preferred to keep it within 30 days and accurate, rather than promote an expiry which could potentially change.

@Karl-F Let's chat in the office, and pass it to the right team. 🙂

Thanks,

Jason

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jason-C @Karl-F 

Thanks guys, certainly appreciate the input. 

As you are saying if it comes from the same place then it is doable. In regards for the possibility of expiry dates changing, I wouldn't mind that too much, as long as the updated dates are shown. 

Other services such as My5 show the date added and date expiry, I believe BBC iPlayer also show when it expires or even states if its available for over a year. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Artesea appears to work only for movies.