cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

open a file called l.php from onlinesurvey.com

I'm suddenly getting an annoying recurring popup on firefox 50 saying I've chosen to open a file called l.php from onlinesurvey.com, which i don't want to open.

Anyway to stop this?

Cheers.

12 REPLIES 12
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Does the survey say it has anything to do with NOW TV (or Sky). If it is, can you provide for info? 

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @SeeMoreDigital

No. I just get this.... Its very persistant.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

It's certainly an odd one @Anonymous User,

That being said, given that your issue is not NOW TV related, perhaps it would be more appropriate to move it out of the forums 'Entertainment' sub-section and into the forums dedicated Forum Info & Off-Topic Chat sub-section.

Is there a NOW TV Team Member who can oblige please?

Cheers

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Has your antivirus/antimalware software picked it up at all?

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @caseyb1993

No, I have eset running but it didn't alert to anything.

Now it seems to have stopped thankfully. It just started immediately I logged in to nowtv earlier today, and stopped whenever I shut the tab, so unless it was a coincidence it did seem to be coming from the site.

Peossibly a system log somewhere might divulge something.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Have you done a scan to be on the safe side? 🙂

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 No, but I may as well as I haven't done a 'deep' scan since installing eset.

And actually the reason it had stopped was propobably because there was already a popup open behind the main window.

So a window like that is more likely to be malware than something not working with survey software...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 Nope, eset found nothing.... Odd.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Now that is weird. I usually scan with a software called Malwarebytes as well as Avast anti virus. 

Malwarebytes has saved my system quite a few times.

Do you have windows? Going into safe mode and performing a scan can find threats.

It is probably nothing serious (I tend to go over the top) but just be careful. 🙂