cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

new smart tv box will not work

bought myself a new now smart tv box to replace my other now smart tv box that broke but cant get nothing to appear on screen just says no signal yet when i put old one back on it comes on any suggestions please as now tv live chat has been no use

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What happens if you press and hold the reset button underneath the smart box for say 30 secs when the TV is switched on the correct HDMI input ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
i have literally tried everything and nothing works i do not know why it is
not recognising the new box i actually bought one yesterday and tried it
and it did not work so i took it back and got another one as i thought the
last one was a dodgy box but this one does not work either
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you tried the two new smart boxes was there a purple light or blinking light shown on the front on both boxes ?

I know you say that you have tried everything, but have you swapped the smart box onto a different HDMI port on your TV and also used a different HDMI cable (even though your older smart box displayed a picture on your TV screen).

Have you got a second TV in the house to temporary see if the new smart box displays the initial NowTV setup screen and doesn't lose the HDMI signal.

If you have tried all the above, then I am not sure what else to suggest, perhaps other forum members might have some further things that you could possibly try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes did have lights on both and dont have the means to try on another tv i wll keep plugging away to see if i can work it out but many thanks for all your help anyway much appreciated