cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

is this the worst company at customer service? thoughts?

I have tried for half an hour through the internet to speak to someone from this dismal company and they ended up bouncing me to this place, hahaha, what an absolute joke

Is there a customer services phone number? If so, why didn't your useless chat robot offer it to me? 

At least if I call and waste an hour dealing with unhelpful time wasters, I would have had a chance to tell you what the problem is. So far, it has been impossible to tell now tv that their internet doesn't work. I get all sorts of options like, would I like to know more about our services etc, but no where is there a way where I can either speak to someone, type in what my problem is, or find out how to speak to a human.

You really are the absolute pits, well done, you succeeded at being the worst at least!

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you a NOW Broadband customer or just a TV customer ?

If you are a Broadband customer, then there are a number of communication methods in this linked article including a Broadband help telephone number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Should you be just a TV customer, then there is no telephone number you can call and have to use the live web chat service or drop them an email.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As I said, my internet is not working, so why would I want to go through your automated rubbish about the tv? I don't buy your tv services, just broadband and it has been terrible since it arrived. Drops out 3 times a day on average. 

If you didn't mess me about on your website and had a help button that actually helped me, instead of asking pointless questions, giving useless options and then bouncing me to this community page where people are talking about what's good on tv, you could have avoided me shaming you publicly, but that is what happens when you waste people's time and deliberately avoid being helpful.

many companies like yours that try to palm people off by hiding behind an automatic chat bot, but you made the mistake of programming it to send me here instead of offering me a phone number. Now I will have to moan about your poor service in public.

of course, if the internet worked in the first place, I wouldn't be wasting my time complaining, don't think I enjoy this.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firstly i am a customer just like you.

The chat bot is just a bit of automatic software to help predominantly TV customers to find help articles before they try contacting NOW via their web chat service.

NOW Broadband customers can phone the Broadband Team, where apart from the link that i posted on my first reply, if you go into your online account under Manage Account > Broadband & Calls where there is a few places in this section where there is a telephone number to call NOW Broadband.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your help, although I don't really understand why another customer 'like me' is doing Now Tv's job for them. You certainly appear to talk in a customer services sort of tone so I assumed you were a representative of them.

I have spoke to them, took ages, patronizing as usual (is the box plugged in etc), don't expect anything will be sorted and I still stand by my intial complaint, that the website hides the mechanism for contacting them, as they would prefer to fob people off with a useless chat bot. 

Even average companies of this sort let you write a message to that chat bot, i.e. you can say, 'how do I call you?', and it will give you the phone number. This one, only gave me a list of responses, none of which included, report a fault or anything remotely helpful. In then end the chat bot sent me here, so I figured, if they can't be bothered to help me or tell me how to speak to them, I will contact them through the forum, and let everyone else see my opinion of them at the same time. Wasn't me who chose to do the laundry in public, they avoided me when I used the route they usually want you to use, i.e the 'need some help' button.  

My first step was something like, how to contact Now tv in google, which sent me to some help page on Now (which was useless) and then I clicked something like contact us, which sent me to the useless chat bot which was literally no help at all and sent me here. I found their phone number through google and called them, and while on hold came back here to rant and moan.

To be clear, my gripe is with Now TV, mostly because my internet has been rubbish since I joined, I put off calling them, because I have been through all this nonsense many times with every other service provider. I anticipated having lots of time wasted when I finally got around to giving them a call, but was particularly annoyed that they managed to waste a decent amount of my time before I could even inform them that they have messed me around. 

Do they not understand, that when people come to their website for 'help' they are usually already pretty wound up about something (in my case, having multiple work meetings interrupted by the internet dropping out over and over). What you don't want, when you do get around to dealing with the problem, is a website that doesn't give you the phone number when you click help, followed by a patronizing chat bot that just sends you to different parts of the help page. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

As you are a Now Broadband customer, you can call the number for that, which will have been available from the original documentation you received from Now, and also under the details on the Broadband tab on My Account, which those of us with other ISPs don’t have.

The Broadband contact number is not bruited about, lest the lines be tied up with Now streaming customers hoping vainly for telephone support from the friendly knowledgeable people who don’t hang up on you; but they only cover Broadband, and  will just refer you to the Chat service that some people seem to find unsatisfactory. But even those brief referrals take up their time better spent helping Broadband customers with broadband problems.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.