Advocate

i want to view now tv on my smart tv

why wont now tv work on a smart tv
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BicBasher
Elite

Re: i want to view now tv on my smart tv

The only sets that have NOW TV built in are currently LG.

This is due to a previous exculsive deal LG had with the company.  You can still watch NOW TV through most televisions using a NOW TV Box, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku etc.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | NOW TV Smart Box 4K wired connected, NVidia Shield 2017 using Chromecast Built-in, Sony Xperia E5 (Android Marshmallow), Fire Tablet (2017 edition), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using the Now TV Win 8.1/10 App.
9 Replies
BicBasher
Elite

The only sets that have NOW TV built in are currently LG.

This is due to a previous exculsive deal LG had with the company.  You can still watch NOW TV through most televisions using a NOW TV Box, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku etc.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | NOW TV Smart Box 4K wired connected, NVidia Shield 2017 using Chromecast Built-in, Sony Xperia E5 (Android Marshmallow), Fire Tablet (2017 edition), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using the Now TV Win 8.1/10 App.
RALPHSY
Advocate

I want to view now tv on my smart tv

Ok,

So I have signed up to try and watch it through my Samsung Smart TV, but can't watch the channels, because it's not LG

If I buy a box and plug it in I should be able to watch FOX, Sky, etc under the subscription I have just started. Is that right?

Ralphsy

0 Thanks
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: I want to view now tv on my smart tv

@RALPHSY exactly that. Although if you already have a games console (PS3, PS4, XBox One, XBox 360), Apple TV, Chromecast or Roku you could use those to watch on right now. 

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
BobbyM
Advocate

Why don't Now TV advise that it can't be used on Smart TV's other than LG BEFORE you buy a pass!!??

DarylM Legend 5
Legend 5

@BobbyM wrote:

Why don't Now TV advise that it can't be used on Smart TV's other than LG BEFORE you buy a pass!!??

A list of devices which are compatible with Now TV is available here - accessible to anyone before they buy a pass.  Any device which isn't listed there won't play Now TV.

The front page of nowtv.com states "Watch on your NOW TV Box, Chromecast, PS4™, PS3™, Xbox One, Xbox®360, Roku, YouView, LG Smart TV, PC or Mac, Mobile*, Tablet and more."

Although it might be a good idea if there wasn't a line break between 'LG' and 'Smart TV'.

NowTV.jpg

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

@BobbyM wrote:

The same could be argued... Why doesn't ITV or Channel 4 advise that their (ITV Hub and All4apps can't be used on Smart TV's other than Samsung and more recently Panasonic! 

Essentially, it's up-to the end-user to determine what features their proposed television actually supports before buying it.

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

4268 Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks for tip re all4 🙂

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Champion

@SeeMoreDigital

SMD (Smiley Very HappySounds of Mass DestructionSmiley Very Happy)  You said: "it's up-to the end-user to determine what features their proposed television actually supports before buying it". Yes, too true, aka "due diligence" but unfortunately very few people actually do any form of research before making a purchase of any sort.

Personally, I think that when it comes to mixing and matching electronic equipment, especially getting software, firmware and hardware from different manufacturers to work together, careful research is needed so that expensive mistakes and excessive user configurations can be avoided. 

UK Bob

0 Thanks
Highlighted
AJBSasquatch
Advocate

I use now tv through a roku box on my samsung smart tv, my son has the app on his lg tv but has also downloaded the app on his playstation so it would be possible to watch this way if you have a ps4. 

0 Thanks