Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i want to view now tv on my smart tv

why wont now tv work on a smart tv
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BicBasher
Elite

The only sets that have NOW TV built in are currently LG.

This is due to a previous exculsive deal LG had with the company.  You can still watch NOW TV through most televisions using a NOW TV Box, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku etc.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BicBasher
Elite

The only sets that have NOW TV built in are currently LG.

This is due to a previous exculsive deal LG had with the company.  You can still watch NOW TV through most televisions using a NOW TV Box, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku etc.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok,

So I have signed up to try and watch it through my Samsung Smart TV, but can't watch the channels, because it's not LG

If I buy a box and plug it in I should be able to watch FOX, Sky, etc under the subscription I have just started. Is that right?

Ralphsy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User exactly that. Although if you already have a games console (PS3, PS4, XBox One, XBox 360), Apple TV, Chromecast or Roku you could use those to watch on right now. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why don't Now TV advise that it can't be used on Smart TV's other than LG BEFORE you buy a pass!!??

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Why don't Now TV advise that it can't be used on Smart TV's other than LG BEFORE you buy a pass!!??

A list of devices which are compatible with Now TV is available here - accessible to anyone before they buy a pass.  Any device which isn't listed there won't play Now TV.

The front page of nowtv.com states "Watch on your NOW TV Box, Chromecast, PS4™, PS3™, Xbox One, Xbox®360, Roku, YouView, LG Smart TV, PC or Mac, Mobile*, Tablet and more."

Although it might be a good idea if there wasn't a line break between 'LG' and 'Smart TV'.

NowTV.jpg

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

The same could be argued... Why doesn't ITV or Channel 4 advise that their (ITV Hub and All4apps can't be used on Smart TV's other than Samsung and more recently Panasonic! 

Essentially, it's up-to the end-user to determine what features their proposed television actually supports before buying it.

Cheers

ukbobboy
Legend

@SeeMoreDigital

SMD (Smiley Very HappySounds of Mass DestructionSmiley Very Happy)  You said: "it's up-to the end-user to determine what features their proposed television actually supports before buying it". Yes, too true, aka "due diligence" but unfortunately very few people actually do any form of research before making a purchase of any sort.

Personally, I think that when it comes to mixing and matching electronic equipment, especially getting software, firmware and hardware from different manufacturers to work together, careful research is needed so that expensive mistakes and excessive user configurations can be avoided. 

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks for tip re all4 🙂
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use now tv through a roku box on my samsung smart tv, my son has the app on his lg tv but has also downloaded the app on his playstation so it would be possible to watch this way if you have a ps4.