cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

email not working

Hello,  I am having problems with my Yahoo/Sky email account, now I've transferred to Now TV as my broadband supplier sky are saying I have to contact Now TV customer services.  is this correct?

7 REPLIES 7
Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hey @Anonymous User 

We would only be your broadband provider. You still access your email from another mail provider regardless.

Unless they closed your email account? Hopefully someone who has been through this in the past can pitch in.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Graham-S @Anonymous User 

Never been a Sky Broadband or Sky Yahoo email customer, but what i have read you can use your Sky Yahoo email account on other internet providers broadband services (perhaps a previous Sky Customer can confirm) and Sky Yahoo also offers POP access if you wish to use your email account on other third party webmail services.

Sounds to me that there is a conflict somewhere between the Sky Yahoo email account and the NowTV Hub Router is blocking it.

Don't know the answer sorry, but if go into your old Sky Shield account and the new NowTV Broadband Buddy section on here and see if disabling them both makes any difference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice, will give it a try.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just stumbled across this internet web article about moving broadband and keeping your existing email address.

There is section about Sky Yahoo, where the article was last updated on the 7th of March 2017 so i am not sure if the rules still apply.

https://www.choose.co.uk/guide/email-address-switch-broadband-provider.html

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks, ended up speaking to Sky and they fixed it even though on two previous phone calls to sky they said it’s Now TV’s issue, the email account was hacked and sky locked the account for security.
Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Glad to hear you got it sorted @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your input @schnapps 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Graham-S 

Your welcome 😀.