cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

delayed sound and robotic noise

I am just set up my new now tv stick and when using the apps the sound is extremely delayed and there is a really low robotic sound in the background of the dialogue.

please can someone help as i don’t want to be paying money for something that isn’t good 

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You say apps, is it the same on all apps of the NOW stick? 

If I were you, I would send the stick back for a refund and get an Amazon Fire stick, which is far more reliable than the NOW stick.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
yes it is on all apps, I've had an amazon fire stick too and struggled to
get along with it too. My best friend has a now tv one and loves it and has
no issues with it not sure why mines different
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Couple of things you can try.

1. Go into the Stick Settings under Audio and play around with the different settings (start with Stereo and work through the options until something works with your television).

2. If nothing works under the Audio Stick Settings, then when playing some NOW content, press the star button on the Stick remote and change the screen pop up sound settings (start with off).

3. Go into your television menu settings and see if there is a lip sync audio delay option possibly under Audio.

4. In your television menu settings try disabling HDMI CEC feature to see if it makes any difference.

5. Unplug the Stick and try it on another HDMI port on the television and if using power off the USB port on the television then try the supplied power adapter plug that came with the Stick.

6. If the problem remains, then would you have another television in the home to temporary test the Stick out on ?