cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

black box fault

Had to get in touch with help desk to sort out a problem but in the end despair got the better of me. I have four black boxes on separate TVs and they all suddenly developed same fault. The Now TV app has vanished all i see is a greyish box where it once was and the remote can not click on it. The suggestions from HELP DESK were all pretty much the same, reset router and factory reset boxes. After many resets and enough emails to create a new folder the options given were to purchase a new stick or purchase a new stick. Yet I see on line the sticks have similar problems. Anyone on here got a better and more sensible idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV have removed their NowTV App from their branded devices.

Hence the reason why the NowTV direct access button doesn't work anymore on the black box NowTV remote controller.

To watch NowTV you have to use the new look main screen page.

For example if you want to watch stuff on demand with a Cinema pass, navigate down the home screen page until you get to the purple Cinema ticket icon tile box and once you click on it another page will open with different Cinema categories to view and watch.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV have removed their NowTV App from their branded devices.

Hence the reason why the NowTV direct access button doesn't work anymore on the black box NowTV remote controller.

To watch NowTV you have to use the new look main screen page.

For example if you want to watch stuff on demand with a Cinema pass, navigate down the home screen page until you get to the purple Cinema ticket icon tile box and once you click on it another page will open with different Cinema categories to view and watch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW why couldn't the help desk admit that? Maybe it was too technical or they are simply in business of upgrading boxes to sticks. One of my four still has a heading "best of catch up" and that gives me direct access to the icon but I suppose that will also vanish when someone realises, thanks for reply.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I know the NowTV Freeview Smart boxes (blue NowTV logo on top of the box casing) hasn't yet had the software update for the new look home screen and still has the old layout with the NowTV App because of a technical issue with the integration of the live Freview channels.

If one of your four generation 2 black boxes hasn't had the update yet, it will be happening soon and is only a matter of time before it's updated 😡.