cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

appalling new contract imposed

anyone else very angry with the 19th July update?

I pay for 2 separate subscriptions, they are advertised separately and paid for separately but now i am only able to stream one of them at a time.

surely that means they are being paid a subscription they are denying me the opportunity to watch unless i pay a new product in boost?

how can this be? I am paying for 2 products which in essence they are only letting me watch one at a time.

i have read the changes etc but it is really poor service in my opinion.

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

With NOW being a streaming service they have no obligation to a contract. Unless your billing is through BT, where it will be BT that you deal with. 

The link below is a full explanation of the changes that took place and was highlighted in your account about a month in advance.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/we-are-making-some-changes

This is purely a ploy to no doubt enhance the Boost membership. Which a lot of people obviously disagree with the move. 

For most if they already had boost for 1080p and 5.1 sound which I had and therefore remain completely unaffected by the move. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Did you watch two different Now offerings at the same time before July 19th? Wouldn’t that have been rather confusing?

But if you want to carry on that setup without Boost, just cancel one of the services, and then take it out on a new and different account when it expires.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.