cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

agents of shield season three in HD on Freeview!

Hi all.

Yes, that's right, you read the post title correctly. You can watch agents of shield season three in HD on freeview Smiley Very Happy

As everybody knows by now. The brand-new episodes air on E4 at 9 PM on Sunday. But what many people don't know is that that same episode is repeated the following Saturday and Channel 4 at 12:30 PM and because of there is a HD version of Channel 4 on freeview. That means you can watch agents of shield in HD Smiley Wink  

I only know about this because I'm currently resetting all of the recordings on my PVR and my PVR tells me there is a HD version of a program available when I go to record a particular program or episode in SD. So naturally I'm now recording the HD version instead Smiley Very Happy 

I've tried to copy in people who might be interested in comic books, TV shows , generally Smiley Happy believe it or not that includes the walking dead because of apps based on comic booksSmiley Wink

CC @Andy @caseyb1993 @ukbobboy @SeeMoreDigital @DarylM @mark_suff

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
3 REPLIES 3
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Channel 4 (SD) doesn't have a channel logo (DOG) on Freeview, so it's a shame that Channel 4 HD has on onscreen logo on Freeview.  Therefore making a better picture a little bit worse.

Whereas BBC1 HD (for example) has no logo, matching the SD version.  For this reason, I watch BBC Freeview channels in HD, but Channel 4 in SD.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

As everybody knows by now. The brand-new episodes air on E4 at 9 PM on Sunday. But what many people don't know is that that same episode is repeated the following Saturday and Channel 4 at 12:30 PM and because of there is a HD version of Channel 4 on freeview. That means you can watch agents of shield in HD Smiley Wink   

Indeed, I only just discovered this gem myself last Saturday. And yep it looks great in HD Smiley Very Happy 

Sufficed to say Virgin offer E4 HD (Ch 145) as a service but you have to shell out for their XL package - which aint cheap Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been watching on All4 the day after. Quality a lot higher than E4 SD on my Freesat box. The same with the X-Files on My5.