cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

access issue on other devices

I’m being asked to start a 7 day trial when I try and add other devices. (iPhone and tv)  When I agree to the trial because I can’t get in any other way it doesn’t allow me to access. So at the moment I can only watch now tv on one device, which isn’t even showing in my device list.

i also have a now tv box which is showing the same response on the other tv I’m trying to set up. Samsung 5 series.

any help would be much appreciated, apologies if this is an ongoing chat issue, I just haven’t got time to look through.

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I might be wrong, where it sounds to me that you have possibly created a second nowtv account.

When you go to the device that you say is working on the 7 day free trial, if you open the NowTV App on the Device then navigate to the My Account section then take a note of the email address or username that you have used.

Then with that email address or username go into your other devices NowTV App under My Account and see if the details are the same.

If they don't correspond, then it looks to me that you have two accounts and need to login on here with the two different account details (which would be totally separate) and under My Account > Passes & Vouchers together with Bills & Payments you need to see what both accounts are showing.

I wouldn't recommend keeping two accounts active because a lot of people find it difficult to manage and can't seem to keep track of their active passes and then ask why have i been double charged etc etc.

I would also cancel your 7 day free trial right away to prevent the pass auto renewing each month (you should still get the full 7 day duration of the trial to watch).

Just make sure you cancel the free trial fully online by going to your Passes & Vouchers section of your account that has the free trial showing (the cancellation process is approx 4 steps on screen) then once the trial is cancelled go back to Passes & Vouchers where there should be a red cancelled note next to the trial pass.

Unless you are offered a retention deal when cancelling, then you need to decide if you want to fully cancel or take up any retention deal if offered.

Also a good idea is to go into both accounts and under Settings & Pins add a payment pin.

Once you know where you are with both accounts, i would keep one account active and cancel any passes on the other account.

Then with the account you wish to use going forward, make sure all your devices are logged into the correct account.

Should the above not be associated with more than one nowtv account, then post back with further information and hopefully forum members on here will offer you further advice.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Another thing you can try if you are able to navigate around the NowTV App of the devices that is asking you to buy a 7 day free trial is to go the My Account section of the App take a note of the email or username used.

Then sign out of the App, maybe switch the power off on the device, then restart the device and log back into the NowTV App with the same account details again.

Maybe try it on one device only, perhaps your NowTV box ?

Also did you get an email from NowTV saying you have taken up a 7 day free trial ?

If so, does the email address match the logged in details of the devices that are not responding and causing you the issue ?