cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sany
Advocate

You are charging me and I still don’t have wifi. It hasn’t been activated

Good morning 

you didn’t activate my account last Friday and you are already charging me. When are you coming to actívate the service?

thank you 

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sany 

You never talk to staff so posting “you” is pointless I’m afraid, this forum is set up for customer to customer interaction.

As for your connection, this is set up by OpenReach. So it’s possible that something went wrong with OpenReach when going to set up your line.

Either way you are better to call the broadband team as you won’t get a reply from staff on here. 

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/installation-and-setup

NOW Broadband Members can call us 8am–8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412472
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Sany
Advocate

Thank you

chilli2
Elite

If you plug the router in correctly, it should start transmitting a wifi signal.

details for this will be on the bottom of the router , and you will then be able to connect devices etc to the wifi signal from the router, and then use that for internal data transfers - ie from a NAS device  to a device such as a mobile phone/media playback device.

A few questions:

Is the Router providing a wifi signal? if yes then you have wifi

Is this a new connection, or  did you have a service from a previous internet service provider? If its a new service are you in an open reach copper stop sell area?

If you had a service from another provider at the property and you have moved to Now, who were you with and did you cancel the old service, or let Now deal with the move?

RoyB
Legend

@chilli2 

Lots of people these days conflate ‘WiFi’ and ‘internet access’ as if they were the same thing, which of course they aren’t, but it’s pretty clear from the context of @Sany‘s post that this is happening here.

So I don’t think pointing out that he has intranet WiFi will exactly cut it for him 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.