cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xbox one and boost

Hi. I have an Xbox one and i have nowTV with boost. I know I can't receive full hd using the Xbox at the moment, but if I plug either a now TV box or the hdmi stick into the Xbox one's second hdmi socket will I be able to watch it in full hd?

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It does work when I plug it into the projector but I only get stereo sound and not 5.1. I've got the Xbox connected to a sound surround unit  to give me Dolby and DTS but the nowTV box doesn't give me that option.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

So what happens if you plug the NowTV Box / Stick directly into the Surround Sound Unit and also go into the NowTV Box / Stick system settings and under Audio try Dolby Digital + or Auto ?

It sounds to me that there is two many HDMI switching / pass through components in your setup, which might be the reason the NowTV Box / Stick is not showing the full picture & sound where it's placed right at the end of the HDMI wiring chain.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How I've got it set up is: Xbox to projector via hdmi, the sound from Xbox is via optical coax to surround sound unit. The now TV box goes to the second port on the projector which does give me full hd but no 5.1 as the projector only has 3.1mm stereo port out. The surround unit only has one input coax and 3.1 jack. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks to everyone for there help, I think I'll have to be patient and wait for the folks at now TV to upgrade there software.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's right both my ports are already in use. I've connected it to my projector