cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xbox one and boost

Hi. I have an Xbox one and i have nowTV with boost. I know I can't receive full hd using the Xbox at the moment, but if I plug either a now TV box or the hdmi stick into the Xbox one's second hdmi socket will I be able to watch it in full hd?

14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I didn't realise you can use an Xbox One with HDMI pass through until i read this.

https://www.gamespew.com/2019/03/how-to-use-the-xbox-ones-hdmi-in-passthrough-port-to-plug-in-other-consoles/ 

I don't own an Xbox, but would have thought either the NowTV Stick or NowTV Box (apart from the white version) would pass through 1080p with a NowTV Boost Pass on your Xbox One.

Also it looks like HD Boost with be coming soon to the Xbox One according to this screen shot.

Screenshot_2020-05-31-15-33-13.png

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Like i said i don't own an Xbox One but if the heat from the Xbox dissipates at the rear where the HDMI ports are located, then maybe consider the NowTV Box rather than the Stick which seems to run warm / hot or if going down the stick route option if the stick runs hot at the back of the Xbox try using a HDMI extender fly lead to move the stick further away from the Xbox rear casing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried hooking the now TV to the Xbox but I couldn't get a picture, but watching YouTube they make it look as if anything can be passed through. It could be me not doing it right.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does the instructions in the link i posted help ?

Perhaps an Xbox owner on the NowTV Forum can help ?

i am guessing you want to use HDMI pass through via your Xbox One because you haven't got a sufficient number of HDMI input ports on your television / Monitor / Projector ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wonder the reason I'm not getting a picture is that there's not enough juice getting through from either devices compared to hooking another games console or pc?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing the instructions in the link didn't work and you used the supplied power adapter that came with the NowTV box / stick ?

What happens if you plug your NowTV box directly into your television, does it play fine ?

If the NowTV box works when plugged directly into the television, then once plugged back into the rear of the Xbox HDMI pass through port, go into the NowTV box settings and under Display toggle between 720p / 1080p and Auto to see if anything shows a picture.

If only 720p shows a picture and you tried another HDMI cable with the NowTV box when connecting to the Xbox One then perhaps Boost is not achievable in your case / setup.

Then maybe consider a HDMI external switch box with more HDMI ports or hope NowTV rollout Boost to Xbox One really soon.

Other than that i am out of ideas.

Perhaps an Xbox One owner will come to your rescue on the Forum ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It works fine when connected to my tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just tried it again and for some reason I only get a portion of the picture on the top of the screen.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What about when you plug the NowTV box / stick directly into the HDMI port on your Projector and not your television ?

Does the picture look fine or the same picture problems when using pass through on the Xbox One ( where i am assuming it's the projector that you are using directly with the Xbox one) ?

Or are you using another component further down the chain and splitting the HDMI output signal between your television and projector ?