cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Worst customer service ever.

Has anyone else had an issue with live chat bumping you off the chat if they don't have the answer? Trying to ask a question and get an answer and they keep leaving the chat, then I cant get back on. This has been an issue for weeks now and I'm getting fed up. If I was allowed to and could afford it I would just go to sky. Now tv literally won't answer any questions and I dont know what to do.

15 REPLIES 15
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User try explaining the problem here in as much detail as possible and we'll see if we can help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been trying to cancel my membership account with now tv..the only 2 email addresses I have are with Google and Outlook..I've been charged for a service that I have cancelled..the customer service team eventually told me to contact the bank..the bank told me to contact NOW TV..

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It sounds like they are sending you in a circle, but they are actually both right, in their way.

You need to contact your bank to cancel the CPA (Continuous Payment Authority), the mechanism by which Now charge you for their services, and to initiate a chargeback for any payments to Now which you dispute. Only your bank can do these two things. (Now could solve the latter by giving you a credit, but it looks like they are sticking to their guns, so they won’t give you this and will in turn dispute the chargeback, but the dispute resolution will be properly and independently handled).

And the bank (who must consider your requests; they cannot refuse to cancel a CPA, nor decline to initiate a chargeback on a credit card, though they can decline for a debit card, if they wish) are correctly telling you that you need to straighten out matters with Now, as if Now are hit by a chargeback they don’t accept the reason for, they may decide to pursue you for the debt, with a possible impact on your credit rating.

So heed both sets of advice.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

if you don’t want to deal with live chat you can fill this form out

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/tv

As @Saint1976  has said, we might be able to help out if you can put as much detail to what you are trying to get sorted. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Legend 5
Legend 5

Are you definitely through to live chat and not the annoying bot.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Nowtv Bot is useless, it just suggests an article if you don’t get the result you wanted. Hello, I’ve already read your articles before coming to help!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Use this link to get to Live chat (not the bot)

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

that link just brings me to a complaints page - is there a separate link to live chat?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

scroll down until you see this, then select chat online.

D5BC6A2C-DDFC-4601-9D3E-3AD994B4A14B.png