cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Worrying call received

I have just received an automated call telling me that my internet will be terminated in 24 hours as Ofcom have identified a problem with my IP line. Can anyone help me with this please, I am a disabled person who relies heavily on internet connection and am extremely worried.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've also just had a recorded message telling me my broadband will be disconnected.   Can anyone at Nowtv clarify the situation.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User Hi. 🙂

Don't worry, it's  100% a scam call. If I had £1 for every call I got like this I would be rich. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

100% concur with @caseyb1993  It really p1sses me off when vulnerable people are traumatised by these 'barstewards'. I'm forever warning my mum about these types of calls. Best thing to do is not speak, then hang up as soon as the voice on the other end begins. I refuse point blank to answer any calls from numbers not on my contacts list on the phone.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

100% scam. Not that you would necessarily know this, but that’s not how Ofcom works, nor how it could work. They are just using an official name to try and make themselves sound more credible, and proving the exact opposite.

A word of caution, though - there was no ‘payload’ in that call (something that would make them money), so I fear a follow-up call may happen.

You might want to put your answerphone on, if you have one, to screen your calls. Or failing that, overcome your natural politeness and just put the phone down on them without another word.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.