cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wifi connection

So can anyone help I have a ring camera door bell never had an issue connecting it to my WiFi but my WiFi was reconnected tonight after being cut of now everything's back on my doorbell won't connect says issue with WiFi connection I have restarted modem someone help

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have a look at my post in this thread for separating the Wi-fi signals. It might be of help.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Broadband-Under-Performing/td-p/562516/jump-to/first-unread-message

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
DR1
Advocate

I need to set up a laptop and printer in a summer house about 8 m into my garden.  It is mains wired from a ring main in my lounge nearest to summer house.  Help please

RoyB
Legend

@DR1 

You need something like this:-

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/networking/powerline/tp-link-wpa4220-wifi-powerl...

It’s a PowerLine Adaptor that you plug the sender into your router, and it sends the Ethernet signal over the mains to the receiver in the summer house, which offers 3 Ethernet ports and WiFi there.

Currys have a faster one for more money, and there may be similar devices, from TPLink and Netgear, available from other vendors.

I had a £60 pair from Curry’s to pipe Ethernet over the mains to my garden room, and it was good enough for my professional WFH needs.

But if you have a tablet or a phone you want to use in there, make sure you get one with WiFi, as not all PLAs have that, and you will need it for any devices without an Ethernet port, or just for convenience, even with those that do.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.